Details of Turkey Scholarship
Application start: January 15, 2020 Application close: February 20, 2020
Location: Turkey Number of institutions: 112
Number of Scholarships: 5000 Type of scholarship: fully funded
Interview: March- June 2020 Result announcement: July 2020
Agreement and visa: July- August 2020 Travel of New Students to Turkey: Sep 10-20, 2020
Level of study: Bachelor, Master and PhD, research
Fields of Study: Various fields
Turkey Government offers 5000 scholarships each year for students from all over the world to pursue their undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D. studies or Research in Turkey. This scholarship program is one of the most important scholarships for the students that provides great facilities and benefits such as accommodation, tuition fee, flight ticket and etc.
Fields of Study: all fields of study (selected based on the GPA) (the following list of disciplines are as 2019 announcement, new updates will be done as soon as it is available)
- PhD fields of study
- Master degree fields turkey
- Undergraduate fields of study
Benefits of Turkey scholarships
These scholarships are fully funded providing the following the items to the students:
- Monthly stipend of 700 TL for undergraduate students, 950 TL for Master’s degree students and 1400 TL for PhD students and 3000 TL for research scholarships
- Accommodation in dormitory ( students willing to live outside the dormitory should pay their accommodation expenses)
- One year free Turkish language training along with accommodation
- One round travel cost to and from Turkey
- Health insurance
- Full Tuition fee
- University and Program placement
Eligibility and requirements
Applicants can apply to this scholarship considering the points below:
- be National of any country other than Turkey: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Belgium, Burundi, Albania, Azerbaijan, Austria, Czech, Canada, Germany, Denmark, Iceland, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Iceland, Japan, Luxembourg, Malta, Macau, Moldova, Myanmar, Nepal, Norway, Pakistan, Portugal, Sweden, San Marino, Micronesia, Monaco, Portugal, Puerto Rico, UAE, Vietnam, USA, Thailand, Ukraine, Tanzania, Turkmenistan, and other countries that are eligible for Turkey Scholarship.
- be Healthy
- Age limit:
- Undergraduate: under 21 years old ( born no earlier than 01.01.1999)
- Master: under 30 years old (born no earlier than 01.01.1990)
- PhD: Under 35 years old (born no earlier than 01.01.1985)
- Research: up to 45 years old (born no earlier than 01.01.1975)
- Academic result
restriction: Have completed or likely to graduate from
an educational institution
- Undergraduate applicants must have achieved 70% out of the 100 scores in High school
- Masters and PhD applicants must have achieved 75% of 100 score
- Medical sciences, dentistry and pharmacy applicants for undergraduate studies must achieved at least 90% of the 100 with great success at mathematics, chemistry and biology.
Those who completed their high school in Turkey and do not hold Turkish citizenship can apply to this scholarship.
How to apply
Eligible applicants can apply online using online application form. The applicants must fill the online application form including your personal information, educational background, work experience, and social activities.
- Photo ( taken in than last six months )
- Governmental issued document: Passport
- High school graduation certificate and transcript ( Shahadatnama) for all
- Bachelor’s degree and transcripts for graduate and Doctoral applicants ( high school degree documents are required as well.)
- Master degree and theses statement for PhD applicants (high school and bachelors are also required)
- 2 or three reference letter from your academic or work experience background
- Research Proposal for master degree and PhD
- Any other certificate, achievements, CV(if available)
- Intent letter
- University entrance test ( Kankor) score and its certification or document (if you attended the Kankor exam)
- academic performance
- diploma grade and general average grades received up to last term.
- Kankor (University entrance exam- if any)
- High school graduation exam/baccalaureate grade (if available)
- international test score (if any)
- Interview performance
Applicants who completely submitted the application form will be shortlisted and invited to attend an interview based on academic performance.