- Vacancy NumberRI-AFG-R3-001
- Salary Offerbased on organization salary scale
- Total Years Experience3 Years
- EducationBachelor Degree
- Contract Duration1 year
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
About Relief International (RI):
Relief International is a leading non-profit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The project aims at providing support to displaced population after the first Emergency Response, responding to urgent needs, ensuring protection, access to services, recovery and reintegration. The project is tailored so that the displaced can receive a comprehensive and holistic support adjusted to their specific needs. Thus, for each caseload of IDPs, an assessment should be conducted to assess needs and vulnerabilities and design a response particular to the caseload. RI aims at providing support especially in the fields of health, nutrition, livelihoods and WASH in Farah and Nimroz provinces.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The WASH Team Leader is responsible for designing the WASH response and the quality implementation of all WASH activities under R3 project. She / he will ensure that an empowering approach to working with communities is employed and all activities are carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and promotes the full and equal participation of women, men, children and youth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the assessment analysis on WASH sector, the response design, the implementation of activities, the monitoring and evaluation of WASH interventions.
- Manage a team of Hygiene promoters and WASH Engineers.
- Frequently travel to the field to ensure proper assessment, project design, liaison with relevant authorities and quality implementation.
- Ensure the technical aspect for project implementation with the support of WASH Engineer, make sure that contractors complete project work in a timely, efficient and accurate manner with respect to standard engineering.
- Ensure community involvement at all phases of the project and the development of community ownership of the project.
- Guarantee that all WASH activities comply with international SPHERE Standards and standards enacted by WASH Working Group.
- Develop the content of WASH hygiene kits in consultation with the WASH cluster.
- Coordinate with the support of Operation Teams the procurement of all WASH materials for construction, equipment, and other WASH interventions.
- Provide feedback to the monitoring and evaluation system in order to assess the effectiveness and the impact of the projects and propose recommendations for improvement.
- Contribute to the development of constructive solutions to challenges identified by the community and contractors.
- Facilitate and maintain good professional relationship between RI, communities and contractors.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports to the Project Coordinator on the infrastructure development activities.
- Develop and maintain weekly, monthly plans and written comprehensive records undertaken in the project including field visits and reporting of work progress.
- Support the project Coordinator in gathering all the data and the information for donor reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A Degree in Water Engineering, civil engineering or other related discipline;
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in similar/related position
- Professional experience in community WASH programs in displaced populations.
- Excellent program implementation skills
- Good communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluent in written and spoken Pashto/Dari
Relief International Values:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
please submit a cover letter, CV, 3 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact after a second interview) with the date of availability to email@example.com. The email subject line should include the following:
“WASH Team Leader ” Vacancy (RI-AFG-R3-001). Failure to do so will result in rejected applications.
Due to the large volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.