About Salam Watandar
Salam Afghanistan Media Organization (SAMO), better famous as Salam Watandar Radio Network (SW), is a well-known media organization based in Kabul with 86 partner stations in 34 provinces of Afghanistan.
SAMO is a multi-media platform that reaches out to Afghans, nationwide. It uses radio, online and video to generate debate and engagement about the critical issues that affect the lives of Afghans. SAMO works with partners at the national and international level to ensure that an impartial and non-aligned media thrives in Afghanistan.
The organization aspires to a working environment that values honesty, integrity, fairness,
respect, creativity, and diligence.
Organizational Vision – The SAMO we are building
SAMO will be a funding-diversified, sustainable and independent multi-media platform. Its
governance and leadership will function according to international standards of good
practice. National and international partners will consider SAMO as a model of institutional
and organizational excellence.
Afghans are active citizens, not passive subjects:
• Political and community leaders will listen to and take account of the voice of ordinary people.
• Young people will be better informed, less manipulated by those who seek to exploit them, and increasingly perceive themselves as having the right to express their aspirations.
• Women’s rights is promoted to empower and engage them in all spheres of life
• Farmers will have increased access to information about how to be more successful and profitable.
• Business people will understand their social responsibilities.
A Special Journalist for political reports will produce research based and analytical reports using his/her relation with legal entities, research institutions, legal characters or individual persons about political problem, issues, reforms and the hidden and obvious political practice and behaviors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Typical work activities:
• Should be resourceful (resources within the government and non gov organizations). Resourcefulness can help the success and extraordinary reporter from an ordinary one.
• Should be well-read in history, especially of Afghanistan’s because only through historical reference to individuals and events of the past can an analysis be well documented.
• Should be able to report on hot topics for radio and for the site..
• Should posses a critical and inquisitive mind and be able to identify newsworthy topics early.
• The analysis should carry the weight of investigation and statistics
• Any official assignment from the organization in relation to his/her nature of work.
• Strong command of Farsi or Pashto.
• Mastery of reporting skills including getting vox-pop, interviewing, edit and closing of package.
• Knowledge and familiarity with the constitution of Afghanistan, and civil and criminal laws.
Qualifications: (Minimum Requirements)
• Graduate of Philosophy, Political Science, Social Sciences or a relevant degree (priority given to those with a masters degree in Political Science).
• At least three years of experience in political Journalism.
• Familiarity with English for references purposes.
Afghanistan – Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Media
Interested candidates, Afghan male and female nationals, should submit their updated CV along with a cover letter stating your goals and interest for the position as advertised. Please forward your application to given address.
We strongly recommend qualified females to apply for this position.
Also, please mention the vacancy number and name of the position in the subject line of your email devoid of which, your application may not be considered.
salam watandar job form
SalaryAs per NTA Salary Scale Policy
Contract DurationLong term
Number of positions1