- Vacancy Number 19-043
- Salary Offer As Per NTA Salary Scale
- Total Years Experience 5 Years
- Education Bachelor's or Masters's degree in business, finance, accounting or related field required
- Contract Duration 1 Year with possibility of extension
- No. Of Jobs: 1
- Gender Male, Female
About MSI AMANAT:
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
“Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency” project (AMANAT) is a USAID activity focused on supporting Afghan government and non-government institutions reduce and prevent corruption in the delivery of public services. The project will work closely with local counterpart agencies to identify public services that are particularly vulnerable to corruption, develop mitigation strategies, implement those initiatives, and monitor their impact. Examples of AMANAT’s reforms will include administrative streamlining, improved internal controls, e-governance applications, more open data, and establishing ethics units in government agencies. The project will also promote better communication of these reforms to generate more public trust in government. In addition, civil society, business and the media will play major roles in AMANAT by conducting robust monitoring and oversight of these institutional reforms and their impacts.
Under direct the supervision of the Finance and Administrative Manager, the Senior Program Support Officer (SPSO) position is held by an experienced staff whose acquired knowledge and skills enable him/her to independently undertake, coordinate end diverse work assignments (e.g. database management, actively engage in program activities, major event/course planning, etc.). Work requires extensive coordination with team members to ensure successful performance of the program activities which required administrative/logistics support as detailed in below. The SPSO will be expected to support the work of the technical and administrative senior staff (Program Managers and Finance & Administrative Manager) while independently liaising with the implementation level of partner government agencies and CSOs.
- Assist senior technical staff in the planning, coordination, and arrangements for successful administration of events such as seminars/conferences, trainings, meetings, presentations, and other tasks including, when necessary, travel and hotel arrangements, and trip itineraries. Ensure attendance lists, materials, and equipment are prepared and available.
- Participating in grantees pre-award assessment and assist the grantees assessment review.
- Financial management of the activities and programs, including budget and financial forecasting
- Set up appointments/meetings with partner government agencies.
- Handle administration and financial matters of the program implementation.
- Collect and provide necessary information and contribute to the planning, organizing, and development of all aspects of the projects support activities.
- Ensure timely implementation of activities, in accordance with project schedules issued by the Program Manager.
- Draft TORs, letters, and/or invitations in both local and English, as well as documents and forms related to program activities and administrative matters.
- Be proactive in communicating and coordinating with all program partners: government recipients, grantees, and consultants related to program activities.
- Maintain an efficient filing system for all administrative and operational records and manage program database and documentation for required administrative activities.
- Conduct ad-hoc research on various required support topics related to project core issues.
- Identify any new opportunities for new ideas and cooperations for program support activities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities requested by program manager or assigned by Finance and Administrative Manager.
General provisions and limitations:
- All final decisions related to this Project are made by the COP and authorized MSI/HQ personnel.
- Understand the procurement and approval processes.
- Support in processing all purchase requisitions, raised by concerned units regarding supplies or any other requested items, after the concerned unit head approval.
- Develop requests for proposal and ensure delivery to relevant vendors.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related field required.
- Proven of experience with minimum of 5 years related work experience preferably with INGOs.
- Demonstrated experience in program activity support and procedures.
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a demanding environment.
- Good teamwork and participatory skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto.
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV to the HR Department of MSI through e-mail: AMANAT.HR-Recruitment@msiworldwide.com
Qualified Afghan women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be received before Dec 17, 2019.
Application received after the closing date will not be considered.
Application without Vacancy Announcement Number (MSI/AMANAT 19-043) on the subject of the e-mail will not be considered.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.