- Vacancy Number298-2020
- Salary OfferGrade C, Step 1-5 (NTA)
- Total Years Experience3-5 Years relevant
- EducationMaster’s or bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent
- Contract Duration12 Months with possibility of extension
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
About IRC (International Rescue Committee) :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Develop and update the Social mobilization Strategy and Community Activity Guide for School Management Shuras as required.
- Manage the planning and implementation of social mobilization activities in target provinces.
- Develop and update training materials for education team to use and for the use of partners’ team supporting the project with implementation of social mobilization activities.
- Conduct ToT (Training of Trainers) to project partners’ team members as well as MoE staff who will serve as social mobilization trainer at the provincial or district level.
- Conduct regular visits to program sites to monitor social mobilization activities and engage local stakeholders.
- Liaise with PED and IRC partner organizations technical staff to ensure proper implementation of the project social mobilization tasks.
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and other technical advisors on monitoring community engagement and social mobilization activities/approach to inform project management, technical programming, and development of best practices.
- Liaise with the Ministry of Education Social Mobilization Directorate and Provincial and District Education Departments to strengthen existing social mobilization approaches/established mechanisms.
- Ensure, accurate valued and verified data collection, data analyses and timely reporting to the center base on the program requirement Maintain effective working relations with PEDs, DEDs and involved stockholders in all program relevant activities on appropriate manners.
- Provide technical and implementation support to the education team in meeting the ECW project deliverables
- Coordinate with the other education team for matters of teacher, Shura’s training.
- Attend forums and meetings of the project and the CBE/EiE WG meetings overall in Kabul.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor
- Abide by IRC personnel policies and regulations; follow any new procedures and guidelines introduced in circulars from Country Office
- Report any violations of the IRC Mandatory Reporting Policy. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform any other duties assigned by your supervisor or Kabul main office
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent
- Three to five years of experience in relevant field.
- Excellent English, Dari, and Pashto.
- Ability to regularly travel to the provincial offices and target communities.
- Self-motivated, possessing persuasion skills, ability to maintain relationship and able to work on own initiative.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and remove from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for written test and after that for interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul House 34, Street No.4 Taimani District 10, Close to Haji Mohammad Dad Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline