- Vacancy Number017-2020
- Salary OfferGrade (D) NTA Salary Scale
- Total Years Experience3-4 Years relevant
- EducationBachelor degree
- Contract Duration18 months
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
About IRC (International Rescue Committee) :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Assist in the designing, planning and implementation of rapid WASH need assessments, KAP surveys: conducting personal interviews at household level, facilitation of focus group discussions.
- Leading and conducting Assessment/Registration for all hygiene promotion relevant interventions.
- In close collaboration with Emergency WASH manager, lead Designing, planning, implementation and follow-up of hygiene promotion activities in the targeted area.
- Carryout with HR department the recruitment processes of field Hygiene promotion officers, community hygiene promotion volunteers, and community health workers.
- Conducting ToT trainings for hygiene promotion staff, community volunteers, teachers, and health workers on hygiene promotion and basic mobilization skills.
- Assisting Field Hygiene promotion staff on formation and training of WASH committees.
- To coordinate and prepare together with field Hygiene promotion officers and community Hygiene volunteers monthly and weekly work plans for hygiene promotion activities.
- To Supervise and assist field Hygiene promotion staff and community Hygiene promotion facilitators in timely implementation of work plans and achieving quality hygiene promotion activities.
- Ensure mobilization of the targeted communities as appropriate for participation in planning, construction, operation and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
- Plan and ensure with Field team the distribution of hygiene kits, Dignity kits , water treatment kits and promote effective use and accountability of all distributed hygiene items.
- Take lead in the selection, designing, pre-testing, developing, dissemination, and evaluation of appropriate IEC hygiene material for effective hygiene promotion in the target area.
- Follow and ensure that gender, protection, local culture, and other important cross-cutting concerns are taken into account in program implementation, and reporting.
- Maintaining all activities’ progress trackers and databases of hygiene promotion activities updated and ensure that hard copies records are well kept at Field Offices.
- Ensure community mobilization in all fields related to water, hygiene and sanitation.
- Together with the WASH engineer, site engineers and field hygiene promotion officers, develop and promote local water treatment methodologies in the targeted communities.
- Ensuring conducting cleaning campaigns and solid waste management activities in targeted communities.
- In collaboration with WASH Manager ensure budget planning and logistic arrangements for day to day hygiene promotion activities: making and follow-up of internal purchase request, quality control of material delivered by suppliers, planning team movements with logistics.
- Follow-up of the hygiene promotion activities of potential local partners of International Rescue committee participate in building their capacity.
- To carry out pre and post KAP survey in the targeted area
- Work with M&E during the Implementation of PDM survey (Post Distribution Monitoring) for distribution of kits.
- Follow-up of water quality analysis at household level (residual chlorine, bacteriological analysis), to assess the effectiveness of home water treatment techniques
- Collection, consolidation and reporting of weekly data, necessary for the consolidation of standard project and strategic indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed, results of water analyses performed
- Submitting weekly reports to line manager, and verbal reports whenever necessary.
- Preparation of session plan and training reports for all sorts of trainings
- To supervise and provide on job capacity building to field hygiene promotion officers
- In close collaboration with WASH Manager and EH coordinator identify the training needs for hygiene promotion team.
- Ensure time sheets of all hygiene team submitted well on time
- Prior knowledge/training/experience on nursing, community Health, protection, community development, social sciences, Public Health, Nutrition, Environmental Science or any other relevant field at Bachelors or diploma with proven years of experience
- Previous experience of working effectively as part of a WASH program team
- Commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Computer literate, knowledge and experience of working on Ms. Excel, word, Power point and Strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to capacity building and developing others
- Ability to travel to IRC field offices for monitoring the ongoing Hygiene promotion related activities
- Strong communication, listening skills and sensitive to the needs and priorities of different groups within the community
- Having at least 2 years’ experience as a trainer in hygiene promotion, Community Lead Total Sanitation (CLTS) , School Lead Total Sanitation (SLTS), behaviour change communication or in any other relevant field
- Good knowledge of the dynamics of the social, culture dynamics of the intervention area and is willing to work in hard to reach areas.
- Having the skills and ability to work within a team
- Good Written and spoken English and can Speak/understand/write local language
- Numeric, literacy and record keeping skill
interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department to the following address or email us on (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org).
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for written test and after that for interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
House 34, Street No.4 Taimani District 10, Close to Haji Mohammad Dad Mosque.