- Vacancy NumberMCA061-2020
- Salary OfferAs per MCA Salary Scale
- Total Years ExperienceAt least 2 to 3 years of relevant working experien
- EducationMust be able reading and writing
- Contract DurationOne year
- No. Of Jobs:2
About Mercy Corps:
Mercy Corps helps people turn the crises they confront into the opportunities they deserve. Driven by local needs, our programs provide communities in the world’s toughest places with the tools and support they need to transform their own lives. Our worldwide team in more than 40 countries is improving the lives of 28 million people. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.mercycorps.org.
Mercy Corps has been working in Afghanistan continuously since 1986 with a large portfolio of programs addressing the promotion of sustainable licit livelihoods, agriculture development, youth vocational and natural resource management; it has helped more than 2.5 million Afghans through these wide-range of community–based agriculture and economic development programs. It is to mention that currently Mercy Corps is working in Kabul, Kandahar, Helmand, Takhar, Badakhshan, Parwan, Baghlan, Urozgan, Nangarhar , Herat, Samangan and Mazar.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Mercy Corps is undertaking a program International Narcotics Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) which is funded by the State Department of the US Government in Northern, Eastern and Southern Afghanistan along with two other international agencies which will work with the agricultural communities to promote alternative livelihoods. The program focuses on value chains for livelihoods and aims to develop the free market economy if the agricultural sector in Afghanistan to supply high quality produce throughout the year, and to access premium international markets. The program will run for three years and will aim to impact over 140 districts across the country.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Guard will work closely with the support staff and be vigilant and remain at post at all times. He will prohibit non-MC vehicles from entering the compound and patrol around the compound during the night duty.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be vigilante at all times – including, night shifts; (guards sleeping on duty will be terminated immediately)
- Remain at post at all times – including when on gate duty;
- Prohibit non-MC vehicles from entering the compound or parking within 50 meters of the premises;
- Receive visitors; issue visitors’ cards and maintain log register for the incoming visitors.
- Notify appropriate Mercy Corps staff member of arrivals.
- Maintain records of the gate passes at the gate
- Maintain log register for the vehicles going out/coming in after regular working hours and during weed ends/holidays.
- Assist in logistic support as and when required like loading unloading etc.
- Cleaning of office as and when assigned by the supervisor
- Maintain the tidiness of the office outdoor premises.
- Burn, bury, or otherwise dispose of garbage.
- Adhere to all MC safety protocols and policies;
- Bring any repair and maintenance requirements to the attention of the administrator/property officer;
- Ensure flashlights and radio are always in good working order and that you have a good supply of spare batteries
- Routine patrols of compound during night duty (at least once every hour). Regularly check on any Mercy Corps vehicles outside the gates.
- Respond to routine radio checks from Head Guard or appointee;
- Assist in maintaining generators and office heaters as per instructions from Property Officer;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able reading and writing
- He should be responsible and punctual on his duty
- At least 2 to 3 years of relevant working experiences in similar position or above with national or international organization.
- Fluent in Dari, Pashto English is desired.
- Must be initiative and proven trustworthy
- Having a military background is an advantage
While sending your CV & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration. Please include three references from you previous and current supervisors in your CV and make sure that their official email addresses are mentioned in the reference information.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates should send their Application To: firstname.lastname@example.org