- Vacancy NumberFMIC/HR/258 (Security Guard)
- Total Years Experience3-4 years of experience in related area
- EducationGood in analyzing and communicating to visitor and team.
- Contract DurationClose ended conatract
- No. Of Jobs:2
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan & France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care of children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides 94-bedded inpatient care for Children and adults, including 16 beds for paediatric intensive care, four operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC now offers 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory. This year FMIC will also offer 52 new beds for maternal care and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit.
FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education and is considered a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its eHealth programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan.
FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Centre of excellence.
The ideal candidate would be able to:
- Responsible for the access control, screening and vetting of all vehicles and personnel entering the compound, defending access to the premises and providing an active incident response capability.
- Conducts thorough vehicle and personnel searches to secure the compound from weapons, explosives, contraband, and other threats.
- Patrols assigned areas on foot and takes action to investigate, report, prevent, or stop; suspicious activity, hostile actions, fires, vandalism, theft, inappropriate behavior, or safety hazards.
- Performs the day to day protective security functions as specified in daily post or general orders.
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of residents, employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of the premises.
- Communications technology including local cell phone, regional and global satellite phone, and UHF/VHF radio.
- Drafts and completes Incident and Serious Incident reports as required using the proper required formatting structure.
- Observes activity and traffic in assigned areas to enforce compound rules/regulations; alerts guests or visitors of infractions, or of emergencies.
- Report in detail any suspicious incidents patrol randomly or regularly building and perimeter
- Checks doors and windows of buildings to ensure they are secured notes in written log any unlocked doors/windows; submits information to supervisor.
- Always conducts him/herself in the most professional manner when dealing with guests
Able to read and write in local language/s, ability to read and write in English is an added advantage
Please send your resume firstname.lastname@example.org mark the subject with the position applied for. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Applications should be submitted latest by February 20, 2020.