- Gender Male, Female
About AACS Consulting:
AACS Consulting is a leading professional services and management consulting firm founded in early 2009 and headquartered in Kabul, Afghanistan. A diverse team of national and international experts with combined experience of several decades, enables AACS Consulting to provide customized and quality professional services. These services are offered in areas Research and Survey, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Development, Audit and Tax Advisory, and Inspection and Certifications.
For nearly a decade, AACS Consulting has helped a wide range of government, United Nations, international development, and business institutions maximize on opportunities and overcome business challenges in various areas and industries.
The Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will work under the direct supervision of Research and M&E Services Director/Project Manager, and will be responsible for supervising of M&E officers in the respective region/zone, implementing the project’s field M&E plan, and ensure smooth process of the project in the respective zone.
Provinces to travel:
- Excellent English language skills (both written and spoken); fluency in Dari and Pashto;
- Good command of standard computer programs including Microsoft Office; advanced knowledge of statistical analyses software packages an advantage;
- Highly organized individual able to pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to work as a member of a team of professionals in a fast-paced and challenging environment;
- Willingness and ability to travel to provinces including to remote and conflict-affected provinces.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement the project’s field monitoring plan which requires field visits to activities during all stages to document programmatic successes and challenges progress towards indicator targets etc.;
- Ensure that all M&E activities are in compliance with project rules and regulations;
- Cross check all data collected during field visits to the data reported by the technical units to the M&E section using standard data collection tools;
- Report the findings/observations of each field mission to the M&E Director in a detailed narrative form supported by quantifiable data project photos and beneficiary quotes;
- Maintain proper filing system for all field mission reports (both hard and soft copies);
- Ensure that follow-up monitoring missions are planned and conducted and that earlier findings and recommendation have been addressed and incorporated;
- Liaise with M&E officers regarding site visit findings and follow-up to ensure that negative findings have been addressed or corrected;
- Interview key stakeholders on matters related to project implementation to identify key issues regarding program quality impact;
- Assist the M&E team in conducting various program surveys including but not limited to baseline and impact assessments as well as different focus group discussions;
- Support the M&E team with data collection, data entry analysis and reporting;
- Any other duties in line with this scope of work and assigned by the supervisor.
Afghanistan, Kabul, Nangarhar, Balkh, Kandahar, Herat
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as management, economics, public administration, monitoring and evaluation or other related discipline;
- A minimum of overall 6 years of work experience preferably on the implementation of donor-funded development projects and at least 4 years of direct experience in the field of M&E;
- Experience and proven skills in collecting, managing and analyzing data;
- Prior experience in the selected province or region is an advantage. Candidates who are a native of the province or region of assignment will be given preference over other qualified candidates;
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV/Resume immediately in Word/PDF document to email@example.com by May 31, 2019.
- Please mention position title, position’s province name you apply for, and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (Regional M&E Specialist – (Province Name) -AACS-VA-49), otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as applications are received.