About Aga Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education and health.
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
At present, it is seeking an exceptional individual to fill the position of Regional Coordinator, Monitoring Evaluation Research & Learning Unit at its Takhar Regional Program Office, Afghanistan.
Objective of the Position:
Regional Coordinator, MERLU responsible for management implementation and coordination of evaluative studies at regional level. Responsible for managing and monitoring, supervising of MERLU staff. And accurate data collection of all outcome level indicators.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evaluation of project and program at regional level.
• Cooperation and implementation of quality studies at regional level.
• Provision of technical support to regional monitoring staff respective department.
• Provision of training related M/E to AKF regional staff, external stockholder(LNGO, DGOs ect)
• Provision of regular reports to Takhar Regional Director and NPO related department.
• Supervision, mentoring, coaching of regional MELU staff.
• To ensure that monitoring and evaluation tools, including collection of reports and data entry, are correctly implemented by all M&E Staff.
• To ensure that data is collected in a timely manner, in accordance to a clearly agreed upon time schedule.
• Conduct quarterly assessments of sector monitoring capacity.
• Prepare reports on M&E findings, as required, working closely with technical staff and implementing partners.
• Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff
• To coordinate implementation of dedicated M&E projects, such as baseline and impact assessments.
• To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Occasional Significant Duties:
• Organize and where applicable conduct M&E training for project and implementing partner staff.
• Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Decision-Making & Authorities:
• To delegate the tasks and responsibility to the subordinate.
• Verifying of all MERLU related expenditures documents for RD approval,
• Managing and conducting MERLU Staff performance appraisal.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree at least Bachelor or equivalent Diploma in Health related field from recognized institutions,
• At least 3-5 years’ work experience in related field with national and international organizations.
• Report Writing Skills in English and one of National/Local Languages (Dari or Pashto).
• Strong Communication, Problem Solving, Team Work, Leadership and Management Skills.
• Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages.
• Ability to work well with others
Required Core Competencies:
• Attention to details & Quality
• Communication skill
• Technical Skills
• Multitasking Management Skills
• Data Management
• Initiative , Creativity, Toward Honesty
Applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a cover letter along with their CV and the names of three references electronically to email@example.com no later than May 26, 2018 or submit hard copy to AKF Afghanistan Regional Program Office,: PD-1, Sarak-e- Maktab Tajerbawy Sayed Abdurrahman Shaheed, Close to Haji Wazir Hafiz Baik House, Taloqan City, Takhar Province, Afghanistan
- Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when sending your application.
- Supporting documents, e.g. diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc., are not required at this stage, therefore not to be sent along with the application.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
Aga Khan Foundation – Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Aga Khan Foundation – Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safeguarding of children from abuse
SalaryAccording the NTA salary Scale
Contract DurationOne Year
Vaccancy NumberTKR /05/18/392
Number of positions1