About Ministry of Mines & Petroleum:
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has number of development projects which are setting up, supporting and monitoring through the PSU Directorate within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum. The MoMP is now seeking well qualified individual for the position of Legal Expert (Design and Drafting) to work in Legal Services Directorate at MoMP.
- Provide direct assistance to the Legal services Directorate in drafting laws, regulations and procedures according to the priorities identified.
- Prepare monthly and annual work plan as well as reports in order to achieve goals.
- Read, analyze and provide comments on agreements and contracts bearing legal aspects.
- Coordinate with MoJ and other relevant ministries and entities, regarding draft and review of the law, regulations and procedures.
- Assist with the expansion of establishing database for legal services directorate.
- Conduct training within the directorate and the ministry.
- Prepare legal documents as instructed.
- Represent Legal services Directorate in national and international meetings, when requested and promote exchange of information with relevant organization.
- Participate as required in drafting meetings with relevant entities; meetings of the Legislate Committees; and any other activities to support the development of the relevant legislation.
- Provide opinions and guidance to staff within the Directorate in drafting related legislations.
- Perform extensive comparative research and critical analysis in regards to the issues and concepts of Law.
- Any other tasks assigned by the directorate and ministry.
University degree in Law or related subject; Master’s preferable.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field.
Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 18/July/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/APA/ Legal Expert (Design and Drafting) must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SalaryAs per the NTA Salary Scale Policy
Contract DurationShort Term
Vaccancy NumberMoMP/APA-Legal Expert (Design and Drafting)
Number of positions1