- Vacancy Number WCUK-0083
- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Total Years Experience 2 year
- Education Degree is highly recommend
- Contract Duration 2 years
- No. Of Jobs: 1
- Gender Male
About War Child UK:
War Child was established in 1993 as a response to the brutal effects of conflict on children during the Balkans war. We are currently operational in Iraq, Afghanistan, Jordan, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Central African Republic. War Child UK started its operation in the Western Region of Afghanistan in 2003 working in three (3) thematic areas namely Education, Protection and Livelihood. War Child UK’s main office is located in Kabul and a sub-office in Herat.
The incumbent for this position is responsible to conducts debriefing sessions/group counselling of all cases of the children and individual counselling for the required cases and to conduct interview and do case management for the all UAM cases in GTC.
The Duties and responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Conducting debriefing sessions/group counselling of all UAMs transported from the border to the Gazargah Transit Camp.
- Conducting interview and case management for the all UAM cases in GTC;
- Conducting individual counselling and follow up interviews of the required cases of UAMs.
- Ensuring that all UAM are in good condition from the psychosocial perspective;
- Developing and implement awareness session and daily recreational and sport activities for the UAMs staying in GTC;
- Supporting/assisting the psychosocial officer in conduction of the case conferences and reporting;
- Documenting and filling the cases in a protective and standard hard and soft filing system;
- Assisting the data entry clerk in updating of database;
- Providing inputs for the MEAL department on different and special cases;
- Assisting the PSO in writing success story of the required and or special cases;
- Strictly adheres to all War Child UK’s policies and procedures, including Child Safeguarding policy.
- Closely coordinates and communicates to War child, DoRR, IOM and other IQ and GTC staff when needed.
- Prepares and submits daily, weekly and monthly reports to the PSO/Project Manager.
- Any other related task as assigned by the line Manager.
- At least 2 Years’ experience.
- Degree is highly recommend
- Proficiency Pashto and Persian languages is highly essential, [i.e., reading, writing and speaking]
- Patient and with good understanding of humanitarian and development work.
- Hardworking and able to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Honest and accountable.
- Commitment and to understand of War Child UK values.
- Please send motivation letter, CV to RecruitmentAfg@warchild.org.uk before the closing date.
- Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (Psychosocial Worker VA# WCUK-0083) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for written test and interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, vetting check, be compliant and sign up to War Child’s Child Safeguarding Policy, anti-bribery policy, code of conduct and other War Child’s policies prior to a final offer being made.