- Vacancy NumberCARD-o/Proposal Writer/02
- Salary OfferProject Based
- Total Years Experience1 year perfered
- Contract DurationOpen ended
- No. Of Jobs:3
- GenderMale, Female
About Comprehensive Agriculture and Rural Development Organization:
Comprehensive Agriculture and Rural Development Organization (CARD-O) is a non-profit organization working to improve rural development and agriculture value chains in Afghanistan. CARD-O aims to increase employment, income and business opportunities for rural masses through the design, facilitation and implementation of commercially viable agricultural value chains, education, health, human rights, and emergency & relief projects. The organization works closely with government, inhabitants, farmers, agricultural enterprises and private sector partners across country. CARD-O is governed by a professional board of directors consisting of two male and three female with the background of Leadership, Management, Finance, Low and Literature. CARD-O provides need-based support and services to facilitate growth in legal rural income and employment by providing alternative livelihood opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Managing Director the Proposal Writer responsibilities include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- The Proposal Writer will be responsible for overall aspects of a Proposal to include in the concept;
- Develop a proposal on realistic basis for any type of consultancy, agriculture, irrigation, livestock, logistic and construction work including the work plan;
- Conduct market survey and fill out the BoQs;
- If required does the preliminary design;
- For big projects site visit may be required;
- Collection of the local materials if and when required;
- Supervision of the physical work as and when required if the contract is awarded;
- Supervise, monitor, evaluate and report on all activities in line with the component and overall work plan;
- Carry out day-to-day work independently in accordance with the established policies, procedures and plan with limited supervision;
- Conduct a training course on Proposal Development for CARD-O staff as and when required.
- Undertake any additional duties as may be required by the Managing Director.
Bachelor degree in economics, agriculture, irrigation, livestock, water management, engineering or other relevant field. Applicant with the proposal writing course certificate will be preferred.
Note: Applicants with over 4 years of experience may substitute bachelor degree.
Competencies of the assignment:
- Ability to work independently, take initiatives and make sound judgments;
- Good information system/computer skills;
- Excellent Reporting & Proposal Development Skills;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Fluency in English written and oral is essential; and
- Willing to travel to Afghanistan as and when required as the job can be done from back home.
Send your CV with cover letter to CARD-O
Address: Office 01, 1st Floor, Safa City Centre, Lab-e-Jar Square, Taimani Project, Kabul or via e-mail;
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview or interview may be conducted via Skype if not available in Kabul/Afghanistan.
- Total Jobs 170 Jobs