- Vacancy NumberAFSO-10-2019
- Salary OfferAs per Organization salary scale
- Total Years ExperienceAt least four years relevant experience
- EducationBA in Medical science, law or other program areas is required
- Contract Duration1 Year
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
The Afghanistan Forensic Science Organization (AFSO) is the only organization in Afghanistan dedicated to the promotion and advancement of forensic science.
Forensic science is the application of scientific knowledge and methodology to legal problems and criminal investigations.
AFSOs work is varied and involves technical work and capacity building in the forensic sciences with a range of government and non-government stakeholders, advocacy work promoting forensic science as a means of delivering justice and preventing the miscarriage of justice, and education work through design and delivery of forensic science curricula at a number of universities.
The Project Coordinator will be working closely with the project manager and executive director providing support in various administrative functions. He is responsible for conducting overall program area. The following is a detailed description of duties and responsibilities of this position:
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Coordinate the regular review of progress towards achieving project outcome and objectives in the area of research, public awareness, capacity building and advocacy.
- Seek ways to streamline the process and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance information.
- The Project Coordinator (PC) is expected to provide his/her services, under the guidance of Project Manager.
- Coordinate the national and international training, workshop, seminar, symposium and conference.
- Coordinate forensic clinic program with public and private universities in Kabul and province.
- Coordinate with close collaboration with admin assistant internal weekly meetings, preparing agenda and taking minutes.
- Assume general responsibility for the day-to-day project(s) coordination, planning, implementation, and monitoring projects objectives and activities;
- Facilitate liaison, foster/establish links and networking with CSOs and stakeholder.
- Organization of consultative meetings for introducing and implementing program activities;
- Provision of support for the preparation of projects appraisals, etc.
- Evaluate the provincial working group requirements such as training materials and support them in awareness raising program, advocacy plan and capacity building.
- Produce monthly narrative reports on projects monitored in the field.
- Prepare monthly plan in the area of awareness raising program, advocacy plan and capacity building of the project.
- Prepare monthly report from Kabul and provincial working.
- Prepare monthly reports from the field activities to the project manager and attend formal meetings with the Government Authorities, CSOs and other stakeholder.
- Prepare yearly, half-yearly and quarter project reports of Kabul and provincial activities.
- Assist the Project manager in networking, coordination and liaison with government and other agencies; on provincial level.
- BA in law or medical science is required
- At least four years’ experience in national NGOs
- Fluency in English Language; written and speaking
- Male and female can apply
Qualified and interested afghan candidates should submit his cover letter and updated CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line of the email must be (Project Coordinator VA No: AFSO-10-2019).
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview