About Save the Children:
Save the Children is an international independent non-governmental, non- profit, organization founded in 1919. We work in over 120 countries worldwide. We are the world’s leading independent organization for Children. Our vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children has worked in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· Collect information from records and reports and prepare periodic reports on project activities to be submitted to Child Protection Manager and various government departments (Related sectors and Department of Economy).
· Draft, as required, correspondence, reports, evaluations, analyses and justifications, which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
· Perform interpretations and translations of reports, training documents and other papers from and to local languages and English under the direction of Child Protection Manager.
· Assist in organizing official visits, conferences and trainings at the Kabul and other project geographical locations.
· Coordinate with emergency focal points in the provinces and support the provincial team to integrate Child Protection activities into their interventions.
· Provide support and coordination to the partner organization staff and other colleagues to ensure that Child Protection project is implemented effectively with high impact.
· Organize trainings for the project and partner staff and build their capacities according to the capacity gaps assessment key findings.
· Providing mentoring support to the project and partner staff in place and make a plan for their improvement according to the findings of monitoring.
· Coordinate with project and partner’s staff in preparation, review, and periodic revision of detailed implementation plans and project related budget lines.
· Participate in the CPAN meetings, provincial government platforms and cluster meeting under the direction of Child Protection Manager.
· Develop case studies of successes, challenges, and other Child Protection project experiences to assist organizational learning.
· Assist in the development of Design, Monitoring and Evaluation tools and methods and establish an effective M&E system and guide implementation team to use these tools and methods.
· Standardize data collection methodologies used at field level, enabling the different target groups to be captured and analyzed.
· Work with other thematic units in developing outcome and learning indicators for Child protection in emergency (CPiE) programs base on right based approaches.
· Ensure quality baseline and end-line surveys, assessment, and evaluation planning so that minimum standards and criteria for to integrated into design and implementation.
· Provide technical supervision and support of field staff and (relevant partners) staff through regular contact, field visits or meetings.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
· Bachelor degree of university from relevant area, Master degree is preferred
· Well communicate in Pashto, Dari and English
· Demonstrable competence in training , supervision ,monitoring and evaluation,
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· 5 years’ experience, preferably 3 years’ experience in field of Child protection and work in communities.
· At least one year experience as a project Coordinator.
· Excellent written communications, including report writing;
· Excellent communication skills in Dari, Pashto and English
· Ability to work in difficult circumstances
· Ability to learn quickly and effectively apply the procedures of an international organization.
· Demonstrable competence in training, monitoring and evaluation.
· Demonstrated analytical skills
· Experience of community participation, ownership and empowerment.
· Training and capacity building skill Demonstrable competence in training, monitoring and evaluation.
· Planning and reporting skills.
· Excellent computer skills (including word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet, excel, and Power point).
Additional job responsibilities
Any other tasks assigned by the line supervisor
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Qualified candidates may send their Application, including
* Letter of Interest
* Update CV
All applications should be sent to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCI will not consider any applications received without SCI Application form and VA Number, Post Title (CP Project coordinator VA# 18-093) Subject line and after the closing date.
Save the Children International Provide an equal employment opportunity.
Interested applicants must fill above SCI application form, or your application will not be considered.
* We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Number of positions1