- Vacancy Number SVN-KBL-102/19
- Salary Offer G3/1
- Total Years Experience • Bachelor’s degree with 1 year experiance, High s
- Education Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Economics, Law
- Contract Duration 6 months, with possibility of extension
- No. Of Jobs: 1
- Gender Male, Female
IOM Afghanistan is one of the largest IOM missions worldwide with a continuous presence in country since 1992.
Annually, Afghanistan witnesses significant internal displacement and cross border returns from Pakistan and Iran numbering the 100,000s. Since 2007, IOM has been the leading UN agency providing emergency humanitarian post-arrival assistance to returning undocumented Afghans under the multi-donor Cross Border Return and Reintegration (CBRR) programme. CBRR is on the frontline of the emergency response with operations at all four major border crossing points with Pakistan and Iran.
Under the direct supervision of the Humanitarian Response Officer in Kabul, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
1. With guidance from the Programme Manager, and unit staff members, assist in consolidating information received from field offices and verify coherence and accuracy.
2. Assist in drafting and in the preparation of CBRR unit reporting tools inclusive of weekly situation reports.
3. In coordination with the CBRR Programme Manager and National Programme Officer, coordinate with the Logistics/Procurement and Resource Management units to support purchasing of office supplies, procurement of equipment and identification of suppliers for CBRR.
4. Draft payment vouchers and other supporting documents for processing;
5. Provide support in preparing all relevant paperwork in support of unit TDYs and road missions inclusive of TAs and security clearances;
6. Assist in maintenance of unit databases and the unit shared drive;
7. Draft purchase requisition forms, payment vouchers and other necessary forms for required for payment of implementing partners/service providers and vendors.
8. Draft CTG personnel request forms for newly hired and/or upgraded staff.
9. Assist in drafting and preparation of supporting documents for the CBRR unit’s Long-Term Agreements (LTA).
10. Undertake any other duties as requested.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
V. Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Economics, Law, Politics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 1 year of relevant professional experience; or
• High school degree with 3 years of relevant professional experience.
• Operational and field experience in migration, refugee and displaced persons;
• Ability to work effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments;
• Experience in coordinating actions with emergency response actors and making use of coordination structures;
• Supports information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM and other emergency response actors;
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with implementing partners;
• Strong experience with data collection methods, monitoring and evaluation, analysis and report development.
VI. Languages Required
Fluency in English and Dari is required.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF PASHTO IS AN ADVANTAGE
Method of Application:
Interested applicants are invited to send their curriculum vitae by the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and by 9 November, 2019 latest, referring to this advertisement quoting the above vacancy notice number. Candidates holding IOM contract should submit the internal application form. Sending curriculum vitae to the above-mentioned e-mail address is mandatory, and please ensure your contact details are correct in your CV (Curriculum Vitae). Applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.
Appointment subject to funding availability.
Campaigning for this position will be grounds for disqualification.