About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The admin & logistic officer is under direct supervision of the site engineer / assistant site engineer, he will help technically to supply and purchase required construction materials for infrastructure construction projects and proposed working areas, and he will stay in the project site.
The admin & logistic officer reports their requirement at project site to site engineer / assistant site engineer or field engineer at the Provincial level.
- Supply of engineering materials/equipment from market or Store to projects and registered all supplied materials.
- Have ability to well storage of all construction materials, using and record of material in registration book and other engineering forms related to storekeeper / admin & logistic officer.
- Checking of materials in store and reporting to site engineer / assistant site engineer.
- Checking of raw materials such are sand, gravel, stone, B. bricks and etc in the site to ensure that supplied material are according to the sample provided and accepted and reporting on due time.
- Have proper confident of project’s material registration book to ensure the materials have been supplied is recorded in register book.
- Follow up and ensure of requested materials are supplied.
- Miscellaneous Tasks
- To actively contribute to the successful development and good reputation of SCA.
- To keep very good and cooperative relation with the local community, authority, as well the project field staff.
- To do any other tasks within the field of competency as per the rural development senior officer / field engineer Request.
- To provide report and data on the supplied material to office as per request.
- Any other relevant task required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum graduated from 12th Class high school.
- 2 years’ experience in similar capacity in an NGO or Government.
- Ability to travel to project site and work under pressure.
- Good command of Pashto and/or Dari essential and knowledge of English, preferable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill.
- Honest, active and well mannered.
- Ready to work, live and travel in an intricate and strenuous environment.
- To be familiar with the cultural, socio-economic and political environment of Nangarhar, Kunar and Laghman provinces.
- Being an Afghan citizen.
- Be ready for any changing and transferring of duty station.
- Ability to work under pressure at project site.
- SCA actively promote and encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter in a single word/pdf document file explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line must include (Project Admin & Logistic Officer – HRM/JRMO 19-18) otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test/interview.
SalarySalary and other benefit as per SCA Salary Scale
Contract DurationProject Field Staff Category One ( 9 Months )
Vaccancy NumberHRM/JRMO 19-18
Number of positions1