About EUROPEAN UNION :
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Afghanistan.
We offer a post of Project Officer. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Project Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to below tasks and responsibilities under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
To assist the Head of Cooperation in all matters related to the Sectors of Human Rights, Civil Society and Gender, in identifying, implementing, managing and monitoring projects identified in the MIP, and in following Government of Afghanistan and other donors‘ positions in these matters.
Working environment: Operations Section
Working Hours: 8.30-12.30, 13.30-17.30
Basic salary: 3409 EURO
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
Requires travel to provinces:
– Proficiency in English, Dari and Pashto;
– Knowledge of other languages an asset.
– Able to represent EU positions in meetings with partners outside the EU Delegation to Afghanistan, in particular other donors and government representatives;
– Able to express complex matters clearly and effectively in writing.
– Ability to listen, to consult and to share information and ideas;
– Good skills in teamwork and negotiations.
– Ability to quickly grasp new concepts, ideas and procedures;
– Commitment to expand and build on existing skills and knowledge through training and on-the-job learning.
– Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
– Ability to quickly familiarise oneself with relevant EC IT applications.
Management and organisational skills
– Capacity to focus on priorities and to organise work to deliver outputs in accordance with deadlines;
– Ability to successfully negotiate in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
– Capacity to monitor progress of work, organise reviews and supervise project teams;
– Good analytical skills and ability to identify key issues.
– Ability to flexibly work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands;
– Commitment to assure quality, speed and accuracy in performing technical and procedural duties;
– High degree of responsibility and accuracy in handling EU funds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– To have thorough knowledge of the European Union Strategy and Multi-annual Indicative Programme (MIP) for Afghanistan, and to contribute when needed to the renewal of these documents in the respective fields of responsibility;
– To have a clear understanding of governmental priorities in the respective area of activity, as well as the positions of other donors in Afghanistan;
– To actively participate in policy dialogue with the Government of Afghanistan and in coordination and exchange of information with other donors;
– To participate in the preparation and implementation of financing agreements, calls for proposals and contracts of projects in the relevant sectors;
– To manage relevant programming in the CRIS IT management system;
– To follow up on and monitor all relevant projects, and to prepare progress reports
– To report to the Team Leader and the Head of Cooperation regarding all challenges encountered and to propose appropriate adjustments and actions to allow for the smooth implementation of EU development programming;
– To cooperate and liaise with the Finance & Contracts Section as needed;
– To cooperate fully with the Task Manager and other colleagues working on the same portfolio;
– To maintain direct contact and to closely liaise with all external project staff.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
– University degree in a relevant field.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
At least 4 years in planning and implementing development programmes in the relevant field
Please send your application and supporting documents to the email address: email@example.com. The application (letter of motivation + completed standard CV) must be clearly marked “VAC-2019-02”. For further details of the job description/requirements as well as template of standard CV, please visit the Delegation web page: http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/afghanistan/about_us/vacancies/index_en
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: Charahi Sadarat (opposite Ministry of Interior), Shar-e Naw, Kabul
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 22 May 2019
- Experience Level 4 years
- Experience 1
- Radio field Bachelor
- Gender Male, Female