- Vacancy NumberProgram Coordinator-692
- Salary Offer76000 AFN
- Total Years Experience5 years relevant experience
- EducationBachelor degree
- Contract Duration3 Month (with possibility of extension)
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
About ActionAid Afghanistan:
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and also advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all of our work.
The Program Coordinator will work under the direct supervision and technical guidance of the Program Manager and will have close coordination with other project and program managers and program support departments like Human Resources, Finance and Admin under ActionAid Afghanistan. The position is entrusted with the responsibilities to have direct liaison with the CCNPP Program Manager as well as with the relevant ministries while the PMU under MRRD is the Key entity being funding and administrative agency of the CCNPP at the country level.
Routine work of CCNPP Program Coordinator under ActinoAid entails overall leadership of the project that essentially include supervision and guidance to District Managers, Provincial Training Coordinator and the support staff to ensure smooth, effective and efficient implementation of the project at the community level. The other core responsibilities of the position are to ensure staff skills and motivation to demonstrate performance excellences through regular endeavor of staff capacity building process—both formal e.g. training and informal e.g. on the job coaching, mentoring and feedback process. S/he is to upkeep staff morale at highest possible level through playing a role of ideal leader while ensuring S/he himself and the team are in full compliant to various organizational key policies including combating terrorism, child protection and anti-sexual harassment policies, for example.
The position is mandated to ensure rights-based programming approach and women empowerment consideration at all her/his work across the project.
- Staff Supervision and Technical Guidance for efficient and effective implementation of the project—supervise and guide directly to 12 District managers
- Staff orientation–ensuring project concept and implementation process is well understood by all level of staff and the team is clear on their targets, working process/methodologies as well and their overall role to achieve the project goal and objectives.
- Staff capacity building—continuous efforts to identify staff capacity gaps and initiate training for staff capacity building as well as regular coaching and mentoring of staff to build a winning team for the project.
- Coordination—establish and maintain an effective coordination mechanism through out the project as well as coordination with other programmes and departments under ActionAid and also with PMU and relevant ministries. The Program Coordinator is to create synergies among the programs of ActionAid with particular reference to Local rights program and other institutional donor funded projects. Conduct regular coordination meeting at different level as required.
- Communication and reporting—regular professional communication with PMU, MRRD and other relevant stakeholder as well as with other programmes and departments under AactionAid. Preparation of high quality monthly, quarterly and annual reports as per the requirement of the donor, AA Country office management as well as requirements of MOE.
- Monitoring and evaluation—establish and manage a robust monitoring system across the project to keep continuous tracking of project progress, staff issues and support systems. Also, orient staff and his/herself with the M&E requirement of the program in general, that includes keeping the central database up to date in a timely fashion.
- Financial management—review and finalize each quarterly budget of the project, monitor budget utilization pattern and take timely steps to keep project on tract in terms of budget vs. implementation progress. Ensure timely submission of cash call and fund flow to the districts on time. The position is responsible to ensure value for money at all level of implementation of the project.
- Security and safety issues—responsive and responsible for keen observation and analysis of security issues in implementation of the project at all level following AAAf security protocols.
- Contribution to organizational development—participate and contribute to organizational level activities e.g. staff meeting, day observations, campaign and advocacy, organization development initiatives like review of policies and strategies, thematic development etc and any other events as decided and demanded by the organization’s management.
- Representation—represent the project itself and ActionAid Afghanistan in forums appropriate for the position or decided and nominated by the management.
- Visit the district offices located in Kabul districts on weekly basis.
Education & Training:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in management, Public Administration, Social Science, and other related subjects.
- 5 years of relevant experience in providing program support to field level in international organizations.
- Experience of working with CCNPP or previous NSP is a great advantage.
- Strong management, supervision, and coordination skill
- Self-motivated and hardworking having ability to take part in field visit and activity monitoring regularly.
- Excellent communication, team building and interpersonal skills
- Highly adaptable to work in in multi-cultural environment with matrix management mechanism in the organization
- Excellent skills of networking and collaboration—internally and with external stakeholders.
- Strong understanding and practical skills of project monitoring and report preparation skills.
- Good understanding and skill on financial management, budgeting, cand budget monitoring skills along with efficiency in project resource management.
- A critical thinker having ability to add value to project quality, sustainability and exit processes.
- Ability to work under pressure to deal with multiple priorities and meet the hard deadlines of tasks and responsibly.
- Understanding on contemporary development issues at the national, regional and global level including rights-based programming approaches.
- Sensitive and responsive to child protection issues, anti-sexual harassment, and anti-terrorism issues as a general principle as a professional under action aid development endeavor.
- Staff development and performance monitoring skills with sensitivity to staff wellbeing issues given the security and other relevant context of development environment in Afghanistan.
- Excellent computer operation skills on office suite
- Good command over oral and written English in addition to Dari and Pashto.
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 08, 2020. Please clearly indicate Program Coordinator-692 in the subject of your email., ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis, thus applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid Afghanistan will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies.
We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time or increase or decrease the number of vacancy.