About Ministry of Mines & Petroleum:
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has number of development projects which are setting up, supporting and monitoring through the PSU Directorate within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum. The PSU is now seeking well qualified individual for the position of Program Assistant to work at MoMP.
- Develop an action plan based on the job description.
- Provide the office activities and administrative staff with support (e.g. filing, emailing and data entry)
- Relay client concerns to the appropriate senior staff
- Review and submit documents to senior members and other interested department
- Meet with clients to discuss concerns or questions, then relay those issues to the appropriate staff member
- Maintain client files and add new information as it becomes available
- Maintain our inventory of office and other activities
- Update computer and hard copy file systems on a weekly basis
- Coordinates logistics for the department’s in-office meetings and community events including scheduling, venue arrangements, set-up, equipment needs, refreshments, materials, invitation.
- Assists in preparing meeting materials for committee and Board meetings.
- Attends meetings for the Program Committee of the Foundation and writes official meeting minutes.
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Works with other departments as needed to accomplish tasks and responsibilities.
- Any other task as requested by direct supervisor according to laws and regulations.
Bachelor degree with 2 years relevant experience or Baccalaureate degree with 4 years relevant experience.
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 23/July/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/Program Assistant must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, MoMP, at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SalaryAs per the NTA Salary Scale Policy
Contract DurationShort Term
Vaccancy NumberMoMP/PSU/Program Assistant (Chief of Staff)
Number of positions1
Related Jobs (11)
Programme Policy Officer (SO3 Manager – Behavioural Change) on July 22, 2018 Full Time