About (افغان تیلی کام (سلام
Afghan Telecom Corporation was incorporated in 24 September 2005 to provide unified telecommunication services throughout Afghanistan under the stewardship of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology. Current service structure includes wireless, 4G/LTE, fiber optics, copper and satellite operations.
Accordingly, Afghan Telecom adopted a challenging program aiming to transform its business from government system to the recognized commercial business standards. The company has developed clear strategies focusing on internal re-organization, re-skilling and development of its staff, enhancement of its internal processes and studying its customers’ needs and requirements while continuing carrying out its national and social duties and responsibilities. Afghan Telecom Corporation is the leading national provider of telecommunication services in Afghanistan. The company is working continuously to fulfill and satisfy the market requirements, keeping pace with the emerging technologies in the telecommunications sector and satisfying the customer’s needs. Afghan Telecom Corporation understands that the world is changing very fast & rapid and telecommunication is the only medium which can adapt to the changing times. Afghan Telecom is the pioneer in implementing new telecommunication services in Afghanistan & a leader in the Afghanistan telecommunication market. The role & use of telecommunications is significant for the development of the people & the country. Believing in the importance of its customers and fulfillment of their needs, Afghan Telecom Corporation is constantly adopting different Strategies that aim to support and re-enforce its competitive position. Based on its strategy, Afghan Telecom strives to enhance customer- oriented culture in all its business aspects & modus – operandi. This culture has been reflected in the organizational design of the company that comprises the best expertise in the Management level, a number of Functional Departments and Four Key Business development & Sales Units focused on the Key Afghan Telecom Customer Categories & sale points which are:
1. Teleshops sale points
2. Key Account – Corporate sale points
3. Individual sale points
4. Dealers sale points
In the last two years, Afghan Telecom has gone beyond its local borders to the international markets, forming a network of businesses to international carriers with the OFC backbone with the total project length 3,100 Km in Afghanistan. Currently interconnected with neighboring Countries Pakistan, Iran, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan with its National Optical Fiber and working to connect Turkmenistan in near future.
As the Afghan Telecom is a firm with the strong involvement of the government, the strategic aim is to create a viable business organization able to make profits and operate as a corporate entity. In order to have predicted achievement of Afghan Telecom targets, MCIT/Afghan Telecom is seeking for a qualified and experienced CEO.
The purpose of the position is to plan, organize, execute and coordinate Procurement of goods, consulting and non-consulting services for the Afghan Telecom department internally and with the National Procurement Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To Assist AfTel Procurement Unit and work along with the Senior Procurement Advisor to address the procurement needs of AfTel
2. Identify the most appropriate procurement approach in handling procurement activities.
3. The incumbent should be able to prepare REOIs/ RFPs/RFQs and Shopping documents in the light of the Afghanistan Public Procurement law and manual
4. The incumbent should be able to coordinate the projects SoWs (Scope of Work) and technical specifications of goods and services in accordance to the need of project and requirement of NPA
5. The Procurement Specialist shall provide overall procurement guidance and support before, during and after the bidding/selection process to the assigned procurement committees
6. The Specialist must be able to create a tracking mechanism to follow up the status of the projects with the technical requestor teams and coordinate with the NPA
7. The incumbent will assist the Head of Procurement Unit in developing, reviewing and processing annual procurement plan.
8. To coordinate and assist the Evaluation Committee members for drafting, reviewing and finalizing the TERs, CERs and EoI shortlisting report also to close out with NPA
9. Timely correspondence with bidder’s enquiries for clarification and projects coordination with the NPA
10. The incumbent should be able to draft, review award notifications, contract/agreements in the approved NPA templates
11. Should be able to weekly, months and quarterly progress report to Head of Procurement Unit and AfTel/MCIT leadership
12. The incumbent for Procurement Specialist is to provide facilitation and technical assistance for the development and implementation of AfTel procurement activities in specialized areas of goods, non-consulting services and consulting services with NPA
13. Should be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Afghanistan Public Procurement laws, manual and circulars
14. Should be able to analyze all technical and financial aspects of every procurement processed
15. Should be able to monitor, track and expedite all procurement activities and deliver status to Procurement Head and MCIT Sr. Procurement Advisor on a daily basis
16. Any other duties assigned by MCIT/AfTel
• Excellent computer skills in operating MS Outlook, Word, and Excel are required.
• Extensive analytical thinking skills are required to analyze procurement packages
• Proficiency in English, Dari and Pashto (Reading, Writing and Speaking)
• Excellent interpersonal Skills
• Demonstrate Self-discipline, integrity and transparency in his/her work
• At least 4 years’ experience in the related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or other related fields.
Afghanistan – Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Procurement
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications explaining their interest (cover letter) and detailed CV . Kindly mention the vacancy number (314) – Procurement Specialist in the subject line of your email.
SalaryAs per company salary scale
Contract Durationone year
Number of positions2