The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (IRA) has received financing from the World Bank towards cost of Additional Financing of the Second Public Financial Management Reform Project (PFMR ii) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The overall goal of the PFMR II project is to strengthen public financial management through effective procurement, treasury and audit structures and system in line with sound financial management standards of monitoring, reporting and control.
One of the components of the Project is reform management implemented by Reform Implementation & Management Unit (RIMU) AT MoF. The RIMU, apart from supporting MoF in administrative reform processes and strengthening HRMD, strategic planning and strategic plan monitoring and evaluation, assists other components in conducting their procurement activities , only under shopping method.
RIMU requires one Procurement Officers who would assist with the Procurement Analyst in conducting procurement activities of project components. They will be reporting to RIMU Coordinator or Procurement Analyst as delegated.
The Procurement Officer would be responsible for the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Assist the Procurement Analyst in preparation of the Procurement plan
• Update PFMR-II procurement plan and monitoring report on quarterly basis
• Assist the components in preparation of RFQs, BERs and POs
• Assist the components in procurement activities which are conducted through RIMU
• Provide technical assistance to the respective project components in coordination of the activities as assigned by the Procurement Analyst and explain the procurement process to Components as per Procurement Law and Rules of Procedure as well as procurement rules and regulations applicable to donor funded procurements.
• Assisting the respective components in conducting meetings and other forums in respect to the assigned procurement activities.
• Provide advice and guidance to the evaluation committees of the components on the obligatory evaluation methods and reporting requirements (In consultation with the RIMU Procurement Analyst).
• Review the bids/ proposals evaluation reports and provide his/ her findings to relevant components.
• Draft any letters/ correspondences needed relevant to the assigned procurement activities.
• Submit progress updates of assigned procurement cases as and when required
• Assist the Procurement Analyst in preparation of the reports to the Bank
• Provide assistance to the Audit teams coming from the Bank side
• Ensure maintenance of a proper filing system for all relevant project procurement documents
• Any other task assigned from time to time by the RIMU Coordinator or Procurement Analyst.
a) •Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, economics, or other related field.
b) •Minimum 4 years relevant experience as procurement officer with international reputable organization or NGOs
c) •Experience on World Bank or similar projects preferable;
d) •Knowledge of Government procurement law
e) •Able to operate MS office computer programs (Windows, Word, Excel and Email)
f) •Being fluent in English language; and should have good command on both national languages (Dari and Pashto)
g) •Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
h) •Able to work with less guidance
Interested candidates may send their CVs & Application to the email: email@example.com or submit a hard copy to the RIMU/ MoF, address: Pashtonistan Wat MoF, Kabul, Afghanistan
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be called for Test/ Interview.
Contract Duration5 months
Number of positions1