- Contract Duration permanent
- Gender Male, Female
AECOM International Development (AECOM), one of the world’s largest International Development service providers operating in over 100 countries, works with public and private sector clients to achieve sustainable development outcomes through cost-effective, innovative and equitable activities. Our technical expertise and global reach give us a unique opportunity to have a positive, lasting impact on the lives of people around the world. Our government clients include USAID, DFAT, MFAT and DFID. Other bilateral donor agencies we work with include SIDA, Norad, SECO and MCC. We also work with multilateral donors, including the EC, ADB, the World Bank and IADB.
Learn more about our work at http://www.aecom.com/solutions/international-development/
In Afghanistan, AECOM is seeking an experienced Procurement & Logistics Specialist to support its current and future programming. Detailed duties and qualifications for this position are noted below.
The Procurement & Logistics Specialist will primarily be responsible for liaising with local vendors; preparing tender documents to solicit bids in accordance with AECOM and USAID policies and procedures; assisting in evaluating bids; and preparing contractual documents. S/he will also oversee goods and/or services received and assure that the requisitioning party confirms receipt and acceptance of goods and/or or services. Other duties are detailed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source prices and locate goods, materials and services, including micro-purchases as required.
- Prepare bidding requests and provide detailed description and specifications of the items requested.
- Prepare and review tender documentation and issue and control tenders to activity requirements based on USAID’s regulations and AECOM procurement manual.
- Arrange timely bid openings and bid reviews in accordance with USAID’s regulations and AECOM procurement manual.
- Prepare documents for Contracts & Compliance Manager to review following bid analysis and contractor selection.
- Monitor delivery of all procured items and services to ensure that they are in compliance with relevant contracts.
- Maintain files of all tendering actions and prepare USAID vetting requests.
- Scan, copy and upload tender documents to AECOM’s internal information management system.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Contracts & Compliance Manager
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Prior experience in procurement management with international development organizations; preferably USAID programs.
- Knowledge of USAID reporting standards and procedures preferred.
- General finance, administration, information management and communication skills and proficiency in computer skills.
- Ability to develop and draft work plans, budgets, contracts, approval requests.
- Experience negotiating contracts and timely decision making.
- Knowledge of market and purchasing options and challenges in Afghanistan; local supply chain management experience preferred.
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently: demonstrated skills in staff leadership, training, and problem-solving.
- Professional proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, MS Publisher, etc., preferred.
- Innovative problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line for consideration.