- Vacancy NumberSVN-KBL-126/20 – Re-Advertisement
- Salary OfferAs per Org salary scale
- Total Years Experience4 years of experience in implementing projects
- EducationUniversity degree in political science economics international
- Contract Duration2 months with possibility of extension
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
IOM Afghanistan supports sustainable reintegration of returnees within their communities of return. Community-based sustainable reintegration activities are implemented in provinces of high return with an integrated approach to the economic, social and psychosocial aspects of reintegration at both the individual and community levels. Activities include the implementation of integrated community development projects to foster income generation, skills training and apprenticeships to foster employability and support to foster employment, notably among persons with specific needs.
Under the overall supervision of the RADA Project Manager, the direct, functional supervision of the National Programme officer and the daily, administrative supervision of the Head of Herat Sub-Office, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective monitoring of community-based reintegration activities.
Based in Herat, s/he will work in close cooperation with local authorities, community representatives, implementing partners and IOM staff.
- Support the timely and efficient implementation of all project activities in the area of community-based reintegration in a timely and effective manner in line with IOM and donor administrative rules, regulations and procedures;
- Support the effective delivery of results in a range of areas including integrated community development projects, skills training and employment schemes;
- Liaise and cooperate closely with government entities; civil society groups; Community Development Councils; UN agencies; international organizations; and the private sector in Herat province;
- Coordinate with different units within IOM Afghanistan to ensure efficient delivery of project activities including procurement, logistics, ICT, security; as well as with project staff in Herat;
- Monitor, analyse, interpret and report on trends and information on returns and reintegration in Herat province, collect data and information related, ensure proper updating and maintenance of databases and folders;
- Facilitate the arrangement of meetings; staff travel; and other logistical issues; prepare purchase requests, payment requests, vouchers and other necessary documents concerning the project in a timely and accurate manner;
- Provide inputs to the drafting of contracts, budgets and other related documentation in coordination other IOM Afghanistan staff;
- Where required, support assessment and research initiatives within RADA;
- Undertake site visits and duty travel as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct;
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
Managing and sharing knowledge:
- continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate;
- takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of issues around migration and reintegration in Afghanistan, challenges and opportunities to local development, understand relevant national policies and priorities;
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of standard office software for reporting purposes including Microsoft Word products: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- University degree in political science, economics, international development or other relevant studies
- At least 4 years of experience in implementing projects in technical areas of the project, including return, reintegration and community development and engagement.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations and lead, motivate teams and cooperate with relevant government and community counterparts, international organizations, implementing partners and private sector entities.
- Experience with international organizations, UN agencies, (international) non-governmental organizations is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Dari required,
- Advantageous: Working knowledge of Pashto
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab
Vacancy Reference NO. in website: VAC-2929
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.if you have any issue registering yourself, please contact form 8:00 AM up to 4:00 PM: +93792107259
Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification.