- Contract Duration fixed term
- Gender Male, Female
AIBA was established in 2007 pursuant to the Advocates’ Law as statutory body mandated as a professional association providing training, pro-bono coordination, and advocacy for its members, as well as it is responsible for licensing, discipline and regulations for attorney throughout Afghanistan. AIBA is governed by a board of fifteen members, of which minimum three members should be female, as stated in its constitution. Since its establishment, AIBA’s main focus has been increasing its membership of registered defense lawyers to afford Afghans their legal rights and offer legal assistance, including pro bono work, to women, children and men. the current membership of AIBA stand at 3500 registered defense attorney across Afghanistan. AIBA has regional offices in Balkh, Herat, Nangarhar, Kandahar, Kunduz , Bamyan and Helmand provinces.
The Office Manager is AIBA’s main representative in Kandahar Office and in the region. He or she will manage AIBA’s regional office in Kandahar and ensure successful implementation of AIBA program Objective in the region. The Office Manager will oversee the licensing of existing and new defense advocates, legal trainings, public outreach and will develop strong relationships between the AIBA and the other regional actors in the justice system, including in the judiciary, Ministry of Justice, the Attorney General’s office, NDS and the police.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for office management in the region.
- Represent the AIBA and its interests in Kandahar and in the region.
- Manage and oversee public outreach efforts.
- Liaise and communicate with other justice system actors, both governmental and non-governmental bodies.
- Manage the delivery of the programs, including defense advocate licensing, pro bono assistance and lawyer discipline at the monitoring board, with cooperation from the AIBA head office are required.
- Manage all of AIBA’s regional personnel and office activities, including subordinates to ensure task completion accordingly.
- Prepare weekly and quarterly narrative reports and ensure delivery of quarterly financial reports.
- Control office expenditures and ensure efficient implementation of the office budget.
- Keep accurate inventory of the regional office’s assets and supplies.
- Organize and implement training programs for defense advocates in the region.
- Ensure expansion of AIBA membership through promotional events for law and sharia faculties students.
- Identify and report immediately to the head office any problem that interferes with the implementation of the activites.
- Maintain complete records (hard and soft copies) of all relevant incoming and outgoing documents.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director or President
- At a maximum, possess a B.A. degree though preferably have completed an MBA or an MA, Law Sharia or any other related field.
- Fluent spoken and written with national languages and English.
- 5 years of program management experience.
- Full access in Microsoft Office programs ( Word, Excel, Power Point and Access ).
- Willingness to work hard and as part of team to ensure the success of the project
- Able to work independently but also possess excellent communication skills
- With co-workers, subordinates and superiors.
All qualified candidates who meet the maximum criteria of the job, are encouraged to apply via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than close date as of March 09 2019, plz indicated the title of position you applied for on the subject line of your email.