- Vacancy NumberSVN-KBL-137/19
- Salary OfferNOA/1
- Total Years Experience5 Years
- EducationUniversity degree in political science, economics, international
- Contract Duration6 Months with possibility of extension
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
IOM Afghanistan supports sustainable reintegration of returnees within their communities of return. Community-based sustainable reintegration activities are implemented in provinces of high return with an integrated approach to the economic, social and psychosocial aspects of reintegration at both the individual and community levels. Activities include the implementation of integrated community development projects to foster income generation, skills training and apprenticeships to foster employability and support to foster employment, notably among persons with specific needs.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator and the direct supervision of the RADA project manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective implementation of all community-based reintegration activities across five key target provinces (Balkh, Herat, Kabul, Kandahar and Nangarhar).
Based in Kabul, s/he will work in close cooperation with local authorities, community representatives, implementing partners and IOM staff.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Coordinate the timely and efficient implementation of all project activities in the area of community-based reintegration in a timely and effective manner in line with IOM and donor administrative rules, regulations and procedures;
2. Support the effective delivery of results in a range of areas including integrated community development projects, skills training and employment schemes;
3. Oversee ongoing progress monitoring of project implementation, identify challenges and propose solutions, and report problems and deviations to the Project Manager; track budget expenditures, monitor project spending and exercise quality control over financial aspects of the project;
4. Manage and provide technical support and guidance to project staff and third party contractors engaged in the project at national and provincial level, including project assistants; researchers; and engineers and cooperate closely with different units within IOM to facilitate efficient delivery of project activities including procurement, logistics, ICT and security;
5. Monitor, analyse and report on trends and information on returns and reintegration, collect data and information related, update and maintain databases and folders;
6. Coordinate the arrangement of meetings; staff travel; and other logistical issues; prepare and coordinate preparation of purchase requests, payment requests, vouchers and other necessary documents concerning the project in a timely and accurate manner;
7. Provide inputs to contracts, budgets and other related documentation;
8. Participate in relevant technical level coordination meetings as needed;
9. Undertake site visits and duty travel as required;
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following behavioural and technical competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
• Demonstrates a good understanding of and experience with community-based resource mapping and conflict assessment tools and of approaches such as Do No Harm, Participatory Rural Appraisal and Asset-Based Community Development;
• Demonstrates knowledge of query generation for reporting purposes as well as
Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
VI. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• University degree University degree in political science, economics, international
development or other relevant studies with at least 5 years of experience in implementing projects in the areas of return, reintegration, employment and community development.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations and lead, motivate teams and cooperate with relevant government and community counterparts, international organizations, implementing partners and private sector entities.
Experience with international organizations, UN agencies, (international) non-governmental organizations is preferred.
VIII. METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants are invited to send their curriculum vitae by the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and by 16 December, 2019 latest, referring to this advertisement quoting the above vacancy notice number. Candidates holding IOM contract should submit the internal application form. Sending curriculum vitae to the above-mentioned e-mail address is mandatory, and please ensure your contact details are correct in your CV (Curriculum Vitae). Applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.
Campaigning for this position will be grounds for disqualification.