- Vacancy NumberMCA050-2020
- Salary OfferAs per MCA Salary Scale
- Total Years ExperienceMinimum of 3-4 years M&E related experience
- EducationDegree in social sciences, statistics, economics, measurement and evaluation
- Contract DurationOne year
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
About Mercy Corps:
Mercy Corps helps people turn the crises they confront into the opportunities they deserve. Driven by local needs, our programs provide communities in the world’s toughest places with the tools and support they need to transform their own lives. Our worldwide team in more than 40 countries is improving the lives of 28 million people. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.mercycorps.org.
Mercy Corps has been working in Afghanistan continuously since 1986 with a large portfolio of programs addressing the promotion of sustainable licit livelihoods, agriculture development, youth vocational and natural resource management; it has helped more than 2.5 million Afghans through these wide-range of community–based agriculture and economic development programs. It is to mention that currently Mercy Corps is working in Kabul, Kandahar, Helmand, Takhar, Badakhshan, Parwan, Baghlan, Urozgan, Nangarhar ,Herat, Balkh and Samangan.
The Economic, Skilled and Inclusive Workforce is a multi-million, multi-year program on youth vocational skills development and employability. The program will expand on Mercy Corps’ proven model of delivering market relevant work skills in Kandahar Province to Helmand, Parwan, Nangahar, Herat and Rural Kabul Provinces. Under the program, a total of 8,000 under-employed male, female and disabled youth from host, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and returnee communities will receive a market driven trade skill and be linked with the opportunities available in the local and national labor markets for the pursuit of gainful employment.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The MEL Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of program monitoring and evaluation activities of this program. This will include overseeing collection, analysis and reporting of the data to identify trends and highlight potential risk areas. He/she will be responsible to maintain a strong information management system ensuring sound data management. The MEL Manager is responsible to guide and supervise the MEL team in the field (Kandahar, Parwan, Helmand, Nangarhar, Herat and Kabul Provinces) as well as to build their capacity based on needs assessment. He/she will also responsible to compile high quality internal reports and to contribute towards reporting to donor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Serve as the M&E focal point and directly support all aspects of field MEL including survey design, methodology, data analysis, program evaluation, and reporting.
- Supervise data quality checks on program MEL systems by verifying the status of the documents filed and maintain a highly organized filing system.
- Produce high quality reports on monitoring activities and assessments
- Contribute to report MEL activities to donor
- Contribute to the learning and facilitate trainings on new and innovative MEL tools, including mobile data collection, cloud-based document storage and data management best practices.
- Coordinate and support MEL and program staff in the field office through facilitating formal trainings and workshops.
- Report any shortfalls in monitoring, evaluation, and information management to senior staff.
- Support capacity building of MEL staff in Kabul and in the field through working and leading MEL Technical working groups.
- Stay up to date on the M&E methodologies and technologies used by Mercy Corps as an agency. Integrate these methodologies and tools into work carried out for programming.
- Support efforts towards accountability, specifically to MC beneficiaries and donors.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-4 years M&E related experience
- Degree in social sciences, statistics, economics, measurement and evaluation, project planning and management, computer science. Postgraduate degree preferred
- Experience with data management and statistical analysis including the ability to use statistical packages such as SPSS, Stata, or R and GIS software. Knowledge of inferential statistics and sampling will be tested during the interview process.
- Both theoretical and practical background in M&E or research and knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and implement M&E activities creatively, as well as possess the ability to analyze data and utilize lessons learned for the continuous improvement of program implementation and to promote a culture of learning.
- Experience in building staff capacity through facilitating formal trainings or workshops
- Fluency in verbal and written Pashto and Dari
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and produce results in a timely and quality manner
While sending your CV & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and name in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration. Please include three references from you previous and current supervisors in your CV and make sure that their official email addresses are mentioned in the reference information.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates should send their Application To: Email to: af email@example.com