About Première Urgence – Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI)
Première Urgence – Aide Médicale Internationale is a French Non-Governmental Organization, non-profit, apolitical and non-religious. Its entire staff is mobilized daily to cover the basic needs of civilian victims endangered, marginalized or excluded by the effects of natural disasters, wars and situations of economic collapse. PU-AMI is based in 18 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, the Caucasus and the Caribbean, and operates in the areas of food security, health, nutrition, rehabilitation of infrastructure, water and sanitation and economic recovery. In Afghanistan, PU-AMI teams work mainly in the implementation of Health Services to the population of Kunar and Nangarhar Provinces through the BPHS, ECHO, CHF and ERM projects and other health and protection related activities.
The employee shall respect PU-AMI schedule and regulations, as described in the employment contract and in Internal Regulations.
Responsibilities and particular assignments
to provide maternal and infant child health
to reduce morbidity and mortality for CBA women and infants in the activities area
Work in prenatal and post natal consultation every morning and fill ANC and PNC cards.
– Refer women to doctor or CHC in case of other medical problems.
– Refer the complicated MCH cases to doctor or CHC
– Taking an accurate history, performing a thorough examination
– conduct the delivery in clinic, or if it is possible, in the house according needs
– Make family planning consultation and fill the family planning card
– screening of under five cheldren
– follow up CBA women cards in case refer for vaccination
– Fill register book and tally sheet every day
– Give appropriate health education for the women and children
– Participate in the CHW training regarding MCH issues.
– Give H.E sessions in community during afternoon.
– Responsible for hygiene in the delivery room especially for chlorination of delivery room by giving order to cleaner or guard
– Responsible to follow-up the emergency drugs stock in delivery room in collaboration with pharmacist
Participate in HF coordination meeting
Any other job related duties asigen by line manager
Coordination with PU-AMI :
be aware of PU-AMI protocols and policy
make monthly report and order for their drugs and equipment
join the training and meeting Upon request
Midwifery degree (registered with MOPH)
Working experience is preferred
Knowledge of BPHS and HMIS
Good communication skill
Please note, while sending your C.V & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position in the subject list, application received after the closing date and without subject list will not be taken in consideration. Local applicants from the same province are encourage to apply and will be given priority.
Hard copies of CV can be submitted to below PU-AMI offices:
PU-AMI Kunar : Asad Abad office, Near to Marif Ryasta Haji Taj Mohammad House
PU-AMI Jalalabad: Regi Shahmard Khan, Sayed Kaykhan Shops Street # 1 House # 4
Note: Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted.
SalaryAs per the PU-AMI Salary Scale
Contract DurationEnd of June 2018 + possibility of extension
Number of positions3
Related Jobs (12)
Maternal and Newborn Health Senior Technical Advisor on June 11, 2018 Full Time