- Vacancy NumberIRW-150-2020
- Salary Offer16000 to 19000 AFA
- Total Years ExperienceAt least two years’ experience in the relevant fie
- EducationGraduated from midwifery institute
- Contract Duration1 year
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
About Islamic Releif worldwide Afghanistan:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRA) s an international non profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in UK-Birmingham, it enjoys consultative status with the Economic and social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRW started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside Afghanistan in 1992. Since then, IRA continued providing assistance in different fields: Emergency Relief, Agriculture, Health, Education, Engineering and construction, irrigation and social welfare.
- The Midwife is responsible for the implementation of health and nutrition activities through Community Health Points, mothers’ groups and community awareness. In particular, she needs to provide basic healthcare for mothers, Antenatal Care and Postnatal Care, nutrition awareness for mother and children. She will also facilitate community awareness and provide psychosocial support based on need. She will maintain coordination with local elders, community, and stakeholders. She will provide needful support to Medical Doctor.
- Manage Health Service Point in IDPs/Returnee camp areas.
- Provide primary healthcare services for mother and children.
- Maintain and update mothers’ and children database for the targeted areas.
- Provide maternal healthcare service for mother and children on regular basis in the targeted areas.
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected, and that all consultations are conducted in a dignified and respectful manner
- Provide psychosocial support the patients based on need.
- Provides antenatal and postnatal care in line with relevant standards and protocols
- Maintain linkage with existing government and non-government service centers and facilitate to establish referral pathway for critical cases.
- Conduct Screening to identify SAM and MAM children in the targeted areas.
- Arrange Nutrition Camp and community mobilization activities related with health and nutrition.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and provide guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions
- Provide support and mentorship to Community Health and Nutrition Workers.
- Implement outreach activities with the team to access ‘hard to reach’
- Work with and support Community Health and Nutrition Worker to provide health promotion, community mobilization and awareness raising
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local communities, local government agencies and other agencies.
- Hold meetings with local communities and represent the program in local stakeholder meetings
- Maintain collaboration with PBHS and EPHS.
- Prepare monthly progress report and submit in a timely manner.
- Any other official task assigned by line manager.
- Graduated from midwifery institute
- At least two years’ experience in the relevant field
- Fluent in local languages.
- Previous MCH experience is desirable
- Previous BPHS experience is desirable
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Good team-work spirit
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following email address: email@example.com
The closing date for accepting applications is 30 November 2020.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
- Total Jobs 209 Jobs