Borders and GIS Specialist – Vacancy ( MgtWell- BGS)
Human Resource Development Specialist – Vacancy (MgtWell- HRDS)
Financial and Economics Specialist – Vacancy (MgtWell- FES)
The independent Directorate for Local Governance (IDLG) was established through the presidential decree in August 2007. Its mandate is to strengthen local governance, help maintain security and facilitate development.
IDLG with support from national and international organizations will take firm collective steps to help strengthen local administrations. In this context, IDLG has initiated four pillars of interventions for sub-national governance which includes: 1) Policy development; 2) Institutional building; 3) Broader local governance – local governance programs; and 4) Support regular functions.
MgtWell has been assigned by UNDP for the Provision of Professional Services (Borders and GIS Specialists) for Implementation of Local Governance Project (Logo) Activities at Target Provinces.
Objectives of the position:
To implement the Subnational governance policy b) To establish strong coordination between the internal border limits determiner working group members and their accomplishments.
- To conduct a study/research on the internal boundaries of the villages, districts, provinces and municipalities;
- To Provide technical support and assistance on the recognition of internal boundaries of the villages, districts, provinces and Municipalities;
- To Provide Technical support and assistance for the formulation of the strategic plans for the Development zones and provinces;
- To provide technical support and assistance in the implementation of the sub national governance policy;
- To Conduct/establish strong coordination with the secretaries of the Local governance committee;
- To follow-up and ensure the correct application/implementation of the agreed points/approval of the local governance committee relevant to the infrastructure of the local administrations and internal border determiners;
- To provide technical support and assistance in the development of the sub national governance strategy;
- In consultation with policy directorate develop appropriate reporting templates and formats linked with Ms Excel GIS and SPSS/STATA programs for professional data analysis
- Prepare GIS package for Districts assessments including Aerial Map Topographic Map and Land Use Map Geological Map Location Map District map
- Assist in mapping the results of the borders studies and plans
- Assist the working group to develop a methodology for data collection
- Any other duties and tasks given by the Directorate of Policy and Plan;
- Maximum BA in related field, political Science, Business administration, economics or Social Science;
- MA or PhD will be preferred;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience for BA and 3 years for MA holders;
- Demonstrating knowledge of government policy and planning process;
- Ability to work on multiple priorities;
- Provide substantive inputs and analyses towards the preparation and coordination of briefing notes and background materials for the secretary of the SNG sub committee;
- Working effectively with other stockholders;
- Coordination and Management;
- Able to implement the Agency objectives/Road map;
- Excellent in local languages and English;
- Able to use computer programs/applications (MS. Word Excel Power Point);
The employee is required to travel to provinces on a regular basis to perform the tasks and any other works assigned by the supervisor.
To apply: Please send your CV & Cover letter to below email address and include (Borders and GIS Specialist) in the subject line of the application
- Experience Level 3 years
- Experience 1
- Radio field Master
- Contract Duration 1 Year
- Number of Positions 3
- Gender Male, Female