- Vacancy Number HRM 40-2019
- Salary Offer As per Organization Salary Scale
- Total Years Experience 3 Years
- Education Bachelor or Master Degree in law
- Contract Duration One year with possible extension
- No. Of Jobs: 1
- Gender Male, Female
About HEWAD, Reconstruction, Health & Humanitarian Assistance Committee:
HEWAD is a non-governmental, non-political and non-profitable charity organization established in 1994 to provide Medical, Educational, Social and Humanitarian Assistance to needy people of Afghanistan.
HEWAD implements primary health care to needy people of Afghanistan, and within those focuses on provision of health care to the most vulnerable group, children and women.
HEWAD provides perfect health education, information, and service to Afghans in order to improve their living condition
Also special emphasis be on the Health, capacity building, the community development and the alleviation of poverty
HEWAD is partnering with United Nation Population Fund of Afghanistan (UNFPA) for Strengthened capacities of health sector, and law-enforcement bodies for the prevention, response and monitoring of gender-based violence and child marriage in targeted provinces Afghanistan “
Strengthening Police and other Legal actor’s capacity towards combatting violence against women. This project is implemented in 20 provinces Kabul, Nangarhar, Laghman, Parwan, Kapisa, Panjsheer, Bamyan, Daikundi, Khost, Paktia, Baghlan, Kunar, Saripul, Herat, Balkh, Badghis, Farah, Faryab, Jawzjan and Ghor. The project has three main components:
Component 1 covers capacity building of law enforcement bodies (police and legal actors) and other key GBV actors on VAW case management technique, procedures and national legislation, as well as improving attitudes in relation to VAW cases.
Component 2 is about developing the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), data collection forms and ethical guidelines on processing GBV cases by the justice sector stakeholders. Development and implementation of SOP for VAW cases will contribute to the transparency and increase in the accessibility of services to GBV victims.
Component 3 mainly focus on community level awareness and educational campaign on GBV and its negative impact on health, education and economic development of the family and society in general.
The assignment focuses on the second component which is implementation of standard Operating Procedures and Protocol on GBV case management and data collection in the targeted provinces through the capacity building of the targeted police officers and hiring mentors to support provincial police head quarter mainly Family Response Unit for the implementation of the SOP and Protocol.
- Support the provincial police head quarter for the implementation of the SOP and Protocol
- Providing on job training to police staff in FRU, CID and Gender and Human Right at provincial and district level
- Post training follow-up and mentoring at field level on practical use of SOP, forms and guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities:-
Under the overall guidance of the HEWAD Representative and direct supervision of the HEWAD Kabul Office the Mentoring and Training Associates (MTA) with support of UNFPA (Program Associate) shall ensure effective implementation of training to be carried out as well as application of such training in the trainee’s line of work. MTA will also ensure the successful implementation of projects on gender based violence (GBV) prevention and response in the targeted provinces.
- Ensure proper implementation of the project on strengthening the capacity of Afghanistan’s National Police Force, other legal actors towards combating violence against women and girls and ensuring that the objectives of the projects are properly implemented and achieved.
- Undertake meeting with communities, local government authorities and sharing information and providing feedback when requested on GBV project; and
- Develop project result oriented implementation report, and contribute to the development of program
- To provide technical support to the implementation partner organization in planning, implementation and reporting FRU, GHR.
- To collaborate with the Provincial Gender and Human Rights (GHR) unit and Family Response Unit (FRU) in the provinces on the proper implementation of the standard Operational procedure for Police to address violence against women and girls;
- To assist the Provincial Gender and Human Rights (GHR) unit and Family Response Unit (FRU) on how to investigate and process violence against women cases
- Maintain regular interaction and consistent support to FRU through providing on the job coaching and training
- To coordinate UNFPA/HEWAD training program with other NGOs and other relevant bodies and develop a database of all training workshop with participant’s information.
- To monitor the project implementation at field level and submit regular reports to HEWAD program coordinator.
- Support the monitoring of the project activities implemented by the HEWAD as per mentoring plan of HEWAD.
- Undertake any other duties deemed appropriate.
- Business acumen;
- Client orientation;
- Organizational awareness;
- Job knowledge/Technical expertise
- Values/Guiding principles;
- Performance management;
- Working in teams;
- Communicating information and ideas / Knowledge sharing;
- Self-management/Emotional intelligence and conflict management / Negotiating and resolving disagreements;
- Appropriate and transparent decision making;
- Analytical and strategic thinking/Results orientation / Commitment to excellence.
- The candidate should have at least a Bachelor degree, or preferably a Master Degree in law, political science and/or other related social science field.
- Relevant professional experience of minimum 4 years in conducting trainings, mentoring, project management
- Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto.
- Computer skills specially MS. Office.
You are kindly requested to submit a complete written Application and Resume through email or in sealed envelope (marked “Confidential”) and indicate the vacancy Announcement Name and Number with Contact Address or Telephone Number to HR/Administration on the following Addresses: Kabul office: House 41, School street, Between Gulsurkh and Proja-e-Taimani Squars, behind Baba Mir Restaurant, Kolola Pushta Kabul Afghanistan. Email: email@example.com, Only those candidates will be called for interview who meets the qualification and requirements for the mentioned position. Kindly indicate VA number and Title in subject of your e –mail and please note that applications with a different subject will be ignored
- Total Jobs 154 Jobs
- Location Badakhshan