- Vacancy NumberFRD-KBL-2018-109
- Salary OfferAs per organization salary scale
- Total Years ExperienceAt least 1 year of progressively responsible profe
- EducationBachelor/Masters or Advanced Degree in psychology or medical education.
- Contract Duration01 October 2020 to 30 December 2020
- No. Of Jobs:2
- GenderMale, Female
Organization of Fast Relief and Development (OFRD) is an independent, humanitarian non-governmental organization working to help and rebuild Afghanistan after decades of war and destruction. Registered with Afghan Government with registration number 1933, OFRD is registered leading Afghan NGO in the area of awareness-raising and advocacy and has experience in media and communication, youth/women empowerment, education, Combating Trafficking in Persons (CTIP), Disaster Risk Management (DRM), sports for development, returnees/IDPs-livelihood, community policing, migration and elections programs. Afghanistan has come a long way since 2011 and has made much progress under extremely challenging circumstances.
- Awareness Raising on Covid-19
- Improvement of hygiene and sanitation in schools and prevention of Covid-19
- Mental health and psychosocial support for children
Purpose and overview:
The Consortium lead organization, Organization of Fast Relief & Development (OFRD),
and Aid Afghanistan for Education (AAE) has the responsibility to provide mental health
and psychosocial support for 2000 children and youth from 10 schools in Nemroz and
To provide mental health and psychosocial support counseling to the youth and children
OFRD is looking for 2 qualified counselors who will be responsible to train 2000 children
and youth from 10 schools across Nimroz province.
Each mental health and psychosocial counseling will be for at least 40 children and youth
and each counseling will be for 3 hours from 9.am to 12.pm. This work will involve the
production of counseling materials/manuals and facilitation of mental health and
psychosocial counseling (for the 2000 children and youth).
The counseling materials should be anchored on a national and international counseling
approach. The mental health and psychosocial Counseling are planned to train participants
on the key concepts and principles of psychosocial support, how to manage challenging
behavior in the classroom, how do children react to a crisis, the role of teachers in
promoting the psychosocial well-being of students, etc.
The counseling will be extremely practical, giving participants the chance to apply the
psychosocial counseling approaches to their daily life and in classrooms. Participants will
be allowed to discuss their point of view, applying the tools to their context. They will be
able to leave the counseling with a draft plan for themselves
During the contract period, the Counselors will be provided with inputs into the preparation of
materials/manuals and agenda for counseling. It will also liaise with OFRD finance and
Admin departments to ensure all necessary logistics are in place for the counseling and
that participants are available to participate.
Deliverable and deadline:
- Deliver draft agenda for all counseling after discussion with designated focal point by 01 October 2020.
- Develop draft counseling materials/manual for participating children and youths in the mental health and psychosocial counseling by 05 October 2020.
- Deliver counseling in Nemroz province, Afghanistan by (from 01 October 2020 to 30 December 2020).
Interested applicants should submit:
- An updated CV
- A cover letter detailing in particular: (i) overall approach and strategy proposed
- experience with design and facilitation of similar counseling
- reference letters of similar assignment completion
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with CC email@example.com, with
the subject line "Mental Health and Psychosocial Counsler” by 20 September
2020). Applications received after the stipulated date and time will be invalidated.