- Contract Duration1 Year Contract (Extendable)
- GenderMale, Female
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Specific Tasks and Functions
- Improvement and management of Oxfam Afghanistan MEAL system
- Ensure that the cuntry MEAL framework is consistent with the Oxfam International MEAL principles, framework and policies.
- Lead and manage the design and perationalization of the Oxfam Afghanistan MEAL system and processes.
- Ensure strng participatory elements in the Oxfam Afghanistan MEAL system, particularly the role of partners, consistent with the Oxfam International MEL principles and policies.
- Oversee the implementatin of and compliance/delivery of different programme teams to the country MEAL system, including linking different affiliate MEAL systems.
- Engage with cnsultants and other third-party resources to ensure continuous development and strengthening of the MEAL system.
- Prduce Joint Annual Report for different stakeholders.
- Lead the Prgram Baseline study and Evaluation process.
- Build MEAL capacity in individual country programmes
- Assist the CLT and the individual prgramme leads/responsible persons in identifying respective programme MEAL priorities.
- Assist in the design and develpment of individual programme MEAL system.
- Ensure that there is cmmon understanding among CLT members and programme leads/responsible persons on a unified MEAL framework and how individual programme MEAL contribute to the overall Oxfam Afghanistan MEAL system.
- Organise relevant training and ther capacity-building events and processes to ensure that programmatic leads/responsible persons are able to effectively lead and operationalize their respective programme MEAL.
- Prvide technical guidance to programme teams with planning the design and implementation of baseline/midline and other data requirements to support programme analysis, the development and use of monitoring tools and instruments (e.g., objective/target setting, monitoring formats, etc.), as well reporting of programme progress.
- Undertake peridic monitoring and technical support visits to programme areas to assess progress against agreed MEAL system and recommend corrective actions as appropriate.
- Wrk closely with Programme Focal Points to ensure appropriate feedback mechanisms are incorporated into programme teams’ and partners’ projects.
- Strengthen relevant MEAL capacity in partners
- T ensure effective common understanding between Oxfam and partners on the MEAL objectives and framework of individual programmes and organize orientation/workshops
- Assist prgramme leads/responsible persons and partners in identifying relevant areas in partner MEAL systems that need strengthening and aligning to the requirements of the individual programme and overall Oxfam MEAL objectives and requirements.
- Assist the cncerned Oxfam staff in building relevant capacity within partners in the development and operationalization of relevant MEAL processes that enables partners to effectively contribute to the individual programme and overall Oxfam MEAL objectives and requirements, especially in terms of reliable programme information.
- Wrk closely with Programme Coordination groups (Focal Points) under Country Operating Model to ensure appropriate feedback mechanisms are incorporated into programme team’ and partners’ projects.
- Prvide training to partner organizations on assessment and mini-research, community participation and gender integration, accountability together with other Programme Teams
- Organize Partner Peer Learning meeting t share programme strategies and best practices including Gender, Accountability and Community Participation aspects
- Organization of discrete MEAL milestones, events and processes
- Lead and manage the rganisation and conduct of appropriate Oxfam and partners annual review and reflection sessions, as specified in the Oxfam Afghanistan MEAL framework and system and as a key accountability mechanism.
- Cntribute to Country Learning Reviews (CLR) by preparing, disseminating and analysing data, lessons learnt, good practices and statistical, qualitative and anecdotal evidences derived from various Oxfam programmes and activities.
- Supprt managers in organizing quarterly monitoring reviews
- Assist the CLT and prgramme teams to carry out end-of-term programme evaluations for each programme and with a process for consolidation into an overall country programme review towards the end of the strategic plan period.
- Lead the design, planning and cnduct of key impact assessment exercises, whether programmatic, thematic, geographic or crosscutting, as may be agreed by the CLT and/or as a requisite to strategic programme/JCAS review processes.
- Lead in the design, planning and cnduct of key thematic learning activities and processes for staff and partners, as may be agreed by the CLT.
- Reporting, sharing and communications
- Lead in sharing MEAL wrk and resources and MEAL-related training and capacity building activities across Oxfam and provide technical and other support to MEAL activities
- Prvide technical input to the concern teams to document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt
- Prvide technical input to the concern teams to explore and document the process of community-centred approaches to innovate, demonstrate and replicate learning
- Lead in the cnduct and dissemination of literature reviews, secondary data analysis and synthesis for papers, proposals and representations, as appropriate
- Lead in the cllection of positive impact stories and photos from Oxfam and partners projects and prepare them to be used for shared learning and fund-raising purposes.
- Supprt in the organisation and conduct of regional/global learning events, as needed.
- During develpment of new project/program support the concern team to identify the monitoring framework with necessary indicators.
- Strong technical competence and experience in monitoring and evaluation methods, data analysis, and understanding of contemporary trends and debates in the field
- Minimum 5 years experience in supporting M&E systems,
- Experience of developing indicators to measure programme impact.
- Strong operational management ability: a clear focus on results – set goals, plans and prioritises effectively, monitors quality and progress of work against plans, establishes high level of performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, with a good level of self-awareness. and the ability to relate to people from all backgrounds.
- Good skills in MS Office
- Commitment to the beliefs, aims and objectives of Oxfam
- A proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations and be able to multi task.
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam and commitment to humanitarian principles and action and a commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Willingness to extensive travel within the region at short notice, and often in difficult circumstances based on the needs.
- Good administration / systems management and coordination skills (D)
- Knowledge of Oxfam systems and procedures would be desirable. (D)
- Higher educational qualifications in international development, social sciences or development studies. More importance is focused on practical field experience particularly within Oxfam work, ability to persuade and to work across various functions than to normal qualifications.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in an international humanitarian NGO with at least three years in the field of MEAL.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
To apply for this position click on the given link below and then click on “Apply” button. and follow the given directions.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted