- Vacancy NumberHRM/MRMO 43-19
- Salary OfferSalary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA
- Total Years Experience3-5 years' relevant experience, especially withi
- EducationBachelor's degree from recognized college or university.
- Contract DurationThe position is Open- Ended
- No. Of Jobs:3
- GenderMale, Female
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan:
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
Under direct supervision of the District Manager, the Market linkage Officer is responsible for supporting the professional and efficient implementation of field level livelihoods activities, capacity building and Market linkage of local produced products of Producer Groups and entrepreneurs. The Market Linkage Officer will play a bridge role between local producers and Market. He /She maintains close cooperation with the targeted local communities, project technical team and local authorities and line departments, mobilize to take active part in the planning and implementation of activities as well as will take necessary steps to improve Livelihoods when it comes to linkages, communications, joint visits and networking.
The Market Linkages Officer (MLO) will:
• Establish and maintain a list of local enterprises in the targeted rural communities.
• Identify the potential enterprises for market support.
• Facilitate Producer Groups to develop marketing plan and meet entrepreneurs for other technical needs.
• Propose technical and non-technical training for Entrepreneurs and Producer Groups on marketing of their produce.
• Facilitate backward and forward linkages for SCA target groups.
• Facilitate linkages between enterprises & Producer Groups such as bulk purchasing, sub-contracting and collective marketing.
• Create market linkage between rural, urban and regional markets: e.g., identify exhibition opportunities for local products and facilitate the Producer Group members to participate in exhibitions.
• Facilitate targeted Producer Groups to collect and analyze information on the basic pricing system.
• Facilitate exposure visits for enterprise groups within the province and nationally.
• Work jointly with vocational trainers and trainees, producer group members and entrepreneurs for providing technical supports in terms of identifying type of vocations, enterprises and product design as per market demand.
• Maintain good liaison with local media to promote Producer Groups products and services.
• Prepare training modules to the individual producers and producer groups on marketing of their producer and linkages with market actors.
• Conduct and deliver marketing and Business development training to entrepreneurs and Producers groups in target CDCs.
• Contribute in conducting assessments, surveys, sectorial value chain assessments.
• Work closely and conduct regular meetings with producer group members, entrepreneurs, business entities and market actors to promote the quality of products and sales and marketing.
• Work closely with vocational trainers and trainees, producer group members and entrepreneurs for providing technical supports in terms of maintaining proper bookkeeping system.
• Submit photos and relevant data on the project activities to CGLP database in a timely manner;
• Effective communication with target group members to ensure broad understanding on their role and responsibilities and are strengthened to successfully contributing towards the achievements of planned activities.
• A public outreach plan developed for target groups to improve linkages and communication between CDCs, Business associations, stakeholders etc.
• Prepare & submit relevant activities plan with report in a timely manner.
• Perform any other relevant tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
~~Qualifications & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree from recognized college or university.
• 3-5 years’ relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization.
• Documented familiarity of rural livelihood, producers’ groups, vocational trainings, Market linkage and marketing trainings at grass root and higher level.
• Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
• Good command of English and fluency in Pashto & Dari, both written and spoken
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Supervisory, team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills Experience of planning, reporting and budgeting
• Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
• Honest, proactive and well mannered.
• Familiarity with the eastern region where SCA operates
• Ready to work, live and travel in an intricate and strenuous environment
• To be an Afghan citizen
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line must be: (Market Linkage Officer HRM / MRMO 43-19) otherwise your application may not have considered.
Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.