Swedish Committe for Afghanistan
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
Under direct supervision of the District Manager, he/she shall coordinate and supervise the community performance and help technically CDCs and business association to carry out CGLP activities implementation and shall conduct regular field visits.
- Overall responsible for CDC/Community/SHG/VSLA and producer groups capacity development, trainings and awareness sessions conduction, conflict resolution and liaison with other key stakeholders.
- Read, understand and apply the project operational manual in the area of responsibility
- To conduct community mobilization for the formation of self-help groups and association (VSLA)
- To conduct awareness and training for communities and members of self-help groups and associations.
- To provide technical support to the business association and with close coordination of Community Development Councils (CDC).
- To establish a good communication between different councils, representatives from PRRD, other governmental agencies, civil society organizations who are working toward the promotion of livelihood
- Conflict resolution in the community/CDC/SHG/VSLA and producer group level.
- To facilitate systematize CGLP development initiatives.
- To facilitate the community to plan and prioritize their development projects.
- Technically assist self-help groups and business association on bookkeeping and organizational development
- Assist and facilitate target groups on vocational trainings for producer groups
- Assist and facilitate distribution of new technology for producer groups in enhancing their production and quality addition.
- Assist target groups for distribution and collection of revolving loan and loan management.
- Assist CDC/SHG/VSLA and producer groups to improve coordination, linkages and communication with CSOs and Governmental bodies at village and district level
- Improve transparency and accountability within self-help groups and associations through applying different tools.
- To facilitate the self-help groups, VSLA and business association to mobilize local and non-local resources for their development in a sustainable manner.
- Keep update data, proper documentation, filling and reporting to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Complete all project related planned activities in the scheduled timeframe.
- Any other related tasks as required
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduated from 12th grade or higher education.
- 1-2nd years’ relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organisation. Work experience at grass root level, Community Mobilization and Community Development. In addition, experience with the National Solidarity program, Community Governance and Livelihood Project is highly preferred.
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto, both written and spoken
- Team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Familiar with report writing and planning
- Ready to work, live and travel in an intricate and strenuous environment
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- To be familiar with the cultural, socioeconomic and political environment of the northern provinces of Afghanistan.
- Being an Afghan citizen.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com
Subject line must be: (Local Facilitator, HRM / NRMO 01-17) otherwise your application may not have considered.
Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Contract DurationProject based
Vaccancy NumberHRM/NRMO 01-17
Number of positions2
Related Jobs (5)
کارشناس مطالعات اجتماعی و جامعه شناسی- برنامه ملی مسکن on January 13, 2018 Full Time