- Vacancy Number NKB-020-HRVN-0027
- Total Years Experience 3 years
- Education Bachelor
- Contract Duration 1 year
- No. Of Jobs: 1
- Gender Male, Female
About New Kabul Bank:
New Kabul Bank started its banking activities on 18 April 2011 by having received its license as a commercial bank under banking system of the country. Ministry of Finance is the shareholder of New Kabul Bank.
New Kabul Bank is operating by CBS system and providing services for valued citizens by covering a wide network in more than 116 branches with professional and experienced cadre.
The IT Security Officer will function as the overall security expert for the enterprise IT environment. This includes oversight of security projects, facilitation of security and audit assessments, IT systems hardening and security best practices, compliance programs, vulnerability remediation, security scanning and reporting, disaster recovery preparedness, and change management.
The individual will report to Chief Information officer / Deputy Chief Information Officer.
– Function as the overall security expert in the enterprise.
– Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources by conducting periodic vulnerability and security risk assessments and scans of IT Infrastructure.
– Defines, recommends and manage security configuration and operations standards for security and information systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools, network security appliances, and host-based security systems.
– Defines and validates baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, databases, networking and telecommunications equipment.
– Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
– Liaison to Networking to ensure security in architecture and technology changes.
– Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
– Install, maintain and monitor network hardware and software.
– Analyze and isolate issues and monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
– Evaluate and modify system’s performance as per users need.
– Determine and suggest network and system requirements.
– Ensure updated backup of network equipment and ensure that Telecommunication room and Production data center comply with relevant standards.
– Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
– Ensure endpoint security and adherence to approved data policies as per DAB norms and regulatory standards for business, technology and procedural changes.
– Identifies and makes recommendations regarding critical points of failure. Recommends changes required to expand recovery plans
– Maintain and update the IT Incident Response Plan. Works with teams to resolve issues that are uncovered by various internal and monitoring tools.
– Develops, refines and implements of enterprise-wide security policies, procedures and standards to meet compliance responsibilities. Monitor compliance programs according to policies and procedures for breaches or exposure.
– Maintain network devices such as VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems, MARS, Cisco ACS, ASA, IPS etc.
– Provides security support for application- and infrastructure related projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
– Focus on security for emerging technologies in internet channels.
– Assists in the development and implementation of information security disaster recovery test plans.
– Monitors the legal and regulatory environment for recent developments.
– Ensures recovery drills are performed and analyzes performance.
– Develops and delivers IT risk & security awareness and compliance training programs.
– Serve as systems security advisor to the CIO or Deputy CIO.
– Minimum Bachelor in Computer Application/Computer Science/ Information Technology or Management Information Systems or related field.
– Certification:CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) ORCISM(Certified Information Security Manage) OR related security certification is must.
– Minimum3 years of experience in technology field with a focus on security management, security assessment, risk and compliance. Knowledge of networking and security technologies such as, IPSEC, VPN, routers, switches, 2nd generation firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection/prevention, data leakage, WAF, white lists, network protocols and ports, identity access control, authentication standards among others.
Work with IT Sections and team members.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CV and educational and work certificates to the following address.
NKB main office – HRD,
Add; 10-42, Torabaz Khan, Shahr-e-Naw, Kabul – Afghanistan.
Applications by email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org All candidates short-listed for interviews will be directly contacted.
Kindly copy the vacancy number and past it in your e-mail subject line with the position title, otherwise you won’t be short listed.