About United Nations World Food Program (UN-WFP):
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In 2017, WFP fed over 2.8 million vulnerable Afghans through various programme activities such as general distributions (food, and/or cash and voucher as the transfer modality); nutrition programmes, through targeted supplementary feeding; school take-home rations; food for assets creation, Purchase for Progress (P4P), training and capacity development activities. For more information, see wfp.org
As WFP continues to standardize beneficiary information management, food assistance delivery mechanisms and transfer modalities, increased capacity in systems and process implementation is required.
The incumbent will be required to provide Information Technology support services focussed in beneficiary services as per country office business and technical needs.
- Business analysis support function to ensure country office data and information is compatible with accepted SCOPE formats.
- Maintain inventory of material and/or database of information, such as, computer related equipment, communications equipment and training material.
- Configure SCOPE equipment such as, computer hardware, applications, training material, etc and participate in deployment and support.
- Play an active role in beneficiary SCOPE registration and end to end activities such as site preparation, and technical support to SCOPE teams.
- Continued support to country office and partners on beneficiary IT services to support beneficiary information management and food assistance activities.
- Provide first level IT support to SCOPE users and partners.
- Organized, accurate and well documented equipment configuration and support for use of SCOPE in the country office
- Liaise with SCOPE corporate teams for second level (SCOPE ServiceDesk) support, troubleshooting and training on SCOPE/ Cash and Voucher related activities.
- Conduct regular quality checks during registration/End to end SCOPE activities to ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
- Reconcile end of day registration data and activities to ensure that all beneficiaries are registered as planned and uploaded to SCOPE platform.
- Make recommendations for improvement on registration procedures.
- Deliver SCOPE training to the WFP staff and partners.
- To ensure uploaded data reported to SCOPE ServiceDesk and centralize tracking sheet updated.
- Education: Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by courses in information Technology and Database or other related studies.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language, plus Pashto and/or Dari, preferably both.
- Experience: At least four years of progressive IT experience such as WAN/LAN networking, database and operating system, experience in client support and Servicedesk and users support unit.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office package.
- Data entry experience and attention to details.
- Ability to review beneficiary data, identify and adjust discrepancies.
- Ability to work in a team environment and achieve common goals.
- Ability to work with vulnerable or marginalized communities.
- Ability to train other staff regarding relevant work responsibilities.
- Proactive attitude towards improving workflows and contributing to an enabling working environment to produce results.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to consult with colleagues at all levels
Since there are three different positions in three different regions, please copy and paste the below appropriate link in the web bar to apply for the desired position/region.
link for post in Kabul –
link for post in Herat –
link for post in Mazar –
link for post in Kabul – https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=86521&company=C0000168410P&username= link for post in Herat – https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=86523&company=C0000168410P&username= link for post in Mazar – https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=86524&company=C0000168410P&username=
Vaccancy NumberKabul - 86521, Herat- 86523, Mazar- 86524
Number of positions3