- Vacancy NumberRI-AFG-IT-0002
- Total Years Experience2 years
- Contract DurationOne Year (Extendable)
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
About Relief International (RI):
About RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The IT/Admin Assistant monitors and maintains Relief International’s computer networks throughout [Afghanistan], installs and configures hardware and software, and provides technical support to RI staff in [Afghanistan]. The IT/Admin Assistant works closely with the Regional IT Coordinator as well as the Global IT Manager to help drive down global IT regulations and procedures to the local country offices, and ensure the [Afghanistan] offices are in line with the RI global IT strategy.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- User Support
- Utilize the IT support ticketing system to troubleshoot users’ computer problems, determine sources of issues, and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Support in-country RI staff to access IT-managed services, and
- Setup new users’ accounts and assist users to maintain active profiles throughout IT-managed systems
- Computer Systems Monitoring and Maintenance
- Follow the RI Computer Standards to install and configure computer operating systems and all RI software
- Plan and undertake scheduled maintenance to ensure all local computers are up-to-date with important software and system updates
- Manage and keep track of IT inventory for [Afghanistan] offices
- Network Monitoring and Maintenance
- Perform regularly scheduled network equipment maintenance to ensure office networks are running smoothly
- Monitor networking firewalls and enforce network security policies
- Diagnose and fix network problems or potential problems
- Maintain other networked equipment, including but not limited to: printers, scanners, VoIP phones, power generators and web conferencing systems.
- Information Security Response
- Monitor and response to security alerts associated with local users in the Cisco Thread Response portal
- Ensure all the local devices are free of virus/malware and the protection agents are up-to-date
- Coordinate with Cyber Security Working Group to response to any cyber-attacks targeting local users or devices.
- Infrastructure Maintenance
- Manage and maintain Power Sources to the office, upgrade if needed. Including gas generator and renewable energy sources, if apply.
- Maintain and manage office cabling, including power cables and network cabling
- Setup necessary backup power options to ensure uninterrupted power supply to the network
- IT knowledge and user training
- Complete and fulfill all IT training requirements
- Attend necessary IT webinars and seminars to stay up-to-date with changes to all IT-managed solutions
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and support best practices
- Provide basic IT user training and orientation to local staff as needed
- Administrative (as needed or assigned)
- Assist Operations Department on following up Logistic/Procurement activities.
- Hold Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2 years experience in IT related field
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Enthusiasm for learning and able to work with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to identify priorities and work on tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent language proficiency in Dari, Pashto, and English
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a cover letter, CV, 3 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact after a second interview) with the date of availability to email@example.com. The email subject line should include the following:
“IT Assistant .” Vacancy (RI-AFG-IT-0002).
Failure to do so will result in rejected applications.
Due to the large volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.