About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
The Organization of Human Welfare (OHW) is a non-governmental organization and is a non-political, not-for-profit, and impartial organization with no bias towards a particular religion, ethnicity, or political belief. It has its own independent legal status and entity. OHW is operating since 2007 in the country with active membership with the national clusters and international donor agencies in Afghanistan including SWABAC, ACBAR, AICS, BAAG, AWN and most of the national and international Clusters operates based in Afghanistan.
Job Summary / Purpose:
The Internal control/Compliance Coordinator oversees the Organization’s Compliance Techniques, functioning as an objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization. The position ensures the management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that organization’s policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior meets the organization’s Standards of Code of Conduct. Moreover the Internal Control/Compliance Coordinator will focus more on internal financial and logistic controls and reporting mechanisms.
- Maintain full knowledge about the policies, rules and regulations of OHW.
- Take lead in generating and approval of cash flow for each project with the cooperation of specific province.
- Check the financial reports (Hard & Soft) of all the provinces against the financial reporting checklist and compliance techniques.
- Provide regular feedback to each province on findings of the financial reports.
- Maintain update ledger of each province including (Funds transferred during the period and amount of expenses made accordingly).
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for better control of Compliance Mechanism and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g., Program, M&E, HR, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Senior Management Team (SMT) informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Follow up of bank and cash management with field offices.
- Manage and control the Logistics and Procurement department in order to ensure that all pending and burning issues are on track by following up their plan, activities and procedures.
- Being direct responsibility for the overall management of Internal Finance and Logistics/ Procurement department.
- Maintain a clear and accurate reporting calendar for all internal reports of OHW to be received from Provinces.
- Circulate and update the provincial level staff of specific donor reporting deadlines and ensure that all the internal reports are received on the 25th of each month in order to ensure that all the donor reporting deadlines are respected.
- Cooperate with provincial staff on effective reporting practices.
- Generate a monthly consolidated financial report and get the approval of Operation Manager and Country Director.
- Share the Weekly activity report with Operation Manager.
MANAGEMENT & COMMUNICATION:
- Maintain regular communication with all the provinces including Kabul.
- Provide full support and coordination to field and HQ finance teams in better reporting and costs control management.
- Remain update all the times of all relevant rules and regulations adopted by the Government.
- Work closely with External Finance’s department to ensure that all the donor requirements are met and are already shared with the relevant provinces.
- Maintain a proper filing system that includes a separate file of funds transfer ledgers to provinces, approved cash flows and monthly consolidated financial reports.
- Maintain a good communication chain and cope with all the relevant departments inside the organization.
- Ensure that all the communication with colleagues is done through official emails.
- Share the learning points of the comments raised by the donor with the relevant project team in the field.
- Participate in the relevant meetings and sessions.
- Provide assistance to Operation Manager in events like assessments, annual audit, project-based audits and any other similar events as required.
- Any other task assigned by the Line Manager.
1) Minimum 3 – 5 years experience in Accounting, Internal Audit/Control and Compliance.
2) Bachelors Degree in BBA/ B com.
3) ACCA Holders will be preferred.
4) Understanding and using Microsoft Office and Excel.
5) Language English, Pashto, Dari is required
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter with updated CVs to OHW’s HR department – Vacancies@ohw.org.af
Applications must be received by OHW’s HR department on or before 4:00 pm on 20-May- 2018 Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Note: this is kindly requested from all the candidates that write the position title and Vacancy Number ( Internal Control/ Compliance Coordinator/ Finance /154 ) in the subject line, applications without subject will not be considered.
SalaryAs per Organization Salary Scale
Contract DurationOne year with three months of probationary period (Extendable)
Number of positions1