As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates throughout Germany and in more than 130 countries worldwide. We have more than 17,000 staff members around the globe, some 70% of whom are employed locally as national personnel.
With an international remit and a multicultural working atmosphere, we are successful because we share knowledge across disciplinary frontiers. Your professional and personal development is important to us. Whether it is the multifaceted day-to-day challenges or the considerable scope for applying creativity in your work – there are plenty of good reasons to join our motivated team.
Intern with GIZ
GIZ is committed to support Afghan graduates to get to know GIZ’s work in Afghanistan through providing them internship opportunities in its projects. The interns should generally work on a specific subject area to help the students and fresh graduates to work closely with the GIZ staff on project implementation to understand the tasks performed and technical services provided by GIZ.
Therefore, GIZ contributes to the fulfilment of its corporate responsibilities in terms of providing opportunities to Afghan students to learn more about their field of study in a practical context.
GIZ MEC is working as a cross-cutting project for German Development Cooperation in Afghanistan as main focal project on Monitoring, Evaluation and Communication of German Development cooperation successes in Afghanistan
MEC is looking for an intern to work with the team, learn the work of project, and to develop overview of international relevant indexes for Afghanistan.
The objective of the internship is to develop and document relevant national surveys and international indexes about Afghanistan:
· To learn about MEC project work and practice some of work with the team
· To develop overview of national surveys of Afghanistan and internationally relevant indexes
Document the overview, surveys and indexes with their sources
The intern will do the followings tasks and activities in course of 6 months.
· Read MEC project documents and reports
· Participate in introductory meetings with the team
· Participate in the weekly Jour Fixes between Kabul and Eschborn
· Define list of surveys and indexes which should be part of the overview
· Conduct desk review on the national surveys and on relevant international indexes.
· Prepare overview(s) of national surveys and highlight their findings
· Prepare overview(s) of relevant international indexes for Afghanistan
· Document surveys, indexes and their sources
· Present the overview to MEC team
· Fresh graduate or students of last the semester of political science, development studies, economic or relevant field of study
· No experience is required
Other experiences and skills:
· Good communication and presentation skills
· Able to write and speak English.
You are kindly requested to send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com including “Intern in MEC” in the subject line of the application no later than 20th of May 2018.
Only those candidates will be called for interview who meets the qualification and requirements for the mentioned position.
Contract Duration6 months
Number of positions1