- Vacancy Number19-045
- Salary OfferAs Per NTA Salary Scale
- Total Years ExperienceMinimum of 5 years related work experience
- EducationBachelor's or Masters's degree in business, finance, accounting or related field required.
- Contract Duration1 Year with possibility of extension
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
About MSI AMANAT:
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
“Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency” project (AMANAT) is a USAID activity focused on supporting Afghan government and non-government institutions reduce and prevent corruption in the delivery of public services. The project will work closely with local counterpart agencies to identify public services that are particularly vulnerable to corruption, develop mitigation strategies, implement those initiatives, and monitor their impact. Examples of AMANAT’s reforms will include administrative streamlining, improved internal controls, e-governance applications, more open data, and establishing ethics units in government agencies. The project will also promote better communication of these reforms to generate more public trust in government. In addition, civil society, business and the media will play major roles in AMANAT by conducting robust monitoring and oversight of these institutional reforms and their impacts.
Under direct the supervision of the Finance and Administrative Manager, the Recruitment (HR) Officer will be responsible for the compliance of MSI’s HR and administrative policy and coordinates with the Home Office on human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services.
The main responsibilities for the HR Officer include:
- Actively support the HR activity by serving as a central point of communication for coordinating recruiting events and interviews, and various other recruiting duties as necessary
- Ensuring up-to-date maintenance and filing of Human Resource and Personnel files for MSI-AMANAT staff in accordance with legal requirements.
- Assisting in hiring, orientation, and training and performance appraisal of project staff, follow-up with line managers to ensure they are completed on timely basis.
- Bringing potential personnel problems and achievements to the attention of the management.
- Preparing the staff payroll and ensuring payroll roster is accurate and up to date.
- Preparing monthly staff leave report and communicating it with all the staff.
- Ensuring a full compliance of all HR functions with USAID and MSI’s policies and procedures as well as with Afghan Government requirement.
- Maintaining absolute confidentiality and professionalism for all personnel paperwork, records and issues.
- Ensuring total conformity on all administrative policies and procedures as outlined in MSI’s Employee Handbook.
- Providing guidance and instructions to the life support staff of MSI-AMANAT for effective discharge of their responsibilities.
- Providing office administrative support for the program.
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the supervisor(s). Ensure applicant’s job description and qualifications match hiring criteria; prepare and collect source documentation needed for new hires; ensure the integrity and accuracy of all employee data.
- Prepare responses to written and verbal inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of resolving problems, providing information and/or referring to appropriate personnel.
- Schedule and participate in job and exit interviews; take detailed notes during the meetings, transcribe them; if necessary, remind attendees of actions agreed at the meeting; properly file meeting notes.
- Participate in HR-related meetings for the purpose of identifying recommendations on new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department.
- Monitor leave balance as well as attendance records and verify that sign-in/out sheet (located at employees’ entrance gate) is accurate and matches submitted monthly timesheet. Recommend improvements in tracking employee’s attendance, ingress/egress of Mansour compound.
- Help to direct and to coordinate the work of junior staff.
- Prepare of HR files for closeout;
- Coordinate annual evaluations with team leaders and managers, assuring a fair evaluation procedure and careful documentation; regular monitoring and update of payroll.
- In cooperation with the Finance department, oversee the national staff salary budget for accuracy and cost-effectiveness,
- Maintains and manages accurate personnel files via SharePoint
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in business, finance, accounting or related field required.
- Proven of experience with minimum of 5 years related work experience preferably with INGOs
- Understanding and Knowledge of USAID and USG HR regulations is a must
- Working knowledge of and experience in local labor and legal resources
- Previous experience working with an international organization is highly desirable
- English fluency (speaking and writing)
- Applicants must be able to provide three reference letters
- Reliability and honesty
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV to the HR Department of MSI through e-mail: AMANAT.HR-Recruitment@msiworldwide.com
Qualified Afghan women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be received before Dec 17, 2019.
Application received after the closing date will not be considered.
Application without Vacancy Announcement Number (MSI/AMANAT 19-045) on the subject of the e-mail will not be considered.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer