- Vacancy Number 1219-02
- Salary Offer NTA Salary Scale
- Total Years Experience 2 year
- Education Bachelor
- Contract Duration 1 Year
- No. Of Jobs: 1
- Gender Male, Female
About Turquoise Mountain:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 35,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or built 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 7,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Turquoise Mountain is embarking on a four-year program with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). This program aims to create 5,000 jobs in the carpet and jewelry value-chains in Afghanistan and facilitate the sale of US$20,000,000 worth of Afghan carpet and jewelry products to international markets. The program will build the technical capacity of those active in both value-chains, improve working conditions and ensure environmental standards, raise awareness about production abilities in Afghanistan, improve order fulfilment, and increase exports of higher-margin carpet and jewelry products, thereby increasing income-generating opportunities for thousands of Afghans.
- Provide assistance in recruitment process as per the guidelines and work closely to facilitate in filling the vacant positions:
- Posting of vacant job adverts on different websites for national and international staff hiring.
- Screening CVs of potential candidates and maintain the recruitment tracking sheet up to date.
- Arranging interviews for the vacant position(s).
- Assist with background reference check process i.e. prior employment references, educational transcripts and degrees etc. in line with the approved HR policies and procedures.
- Assist in conducting employee on-boarding process including preparation offer letters, presenting orientation program and ensuring all new hire paperwork are completed in a timely manner and filed appropriately.
- Provide support in preparing Contracts of Employment for national and international staff and keep track of renewal and end of contracts.
- Track and monitor daily attendance of the staff and maintain the leave accordingly.
- Collect staff overtimes and reconcile them with monthly attendances before entering to the payroll.
- Report the newly hired and separated staff to the payroll section with required data.
- Keep track of staff probationary completion dates and bring the issue to the attention of the supervisors to appraise their staff performance during their probationary periods.
- Participate in annual performance appraisal exercise for all staff.
- Ensure all HR reports are received on monthly basis such as verified payrolls, leave forms, attendances etc.
- Facilitate issuance and updating of ID cards to all staff.
- Assist in arranging trainings, workshops, seminars and other orientation programs that are being developed.
- Maintain employee HRIS/Database, HR documentation and personal file management.
- Assist in preparing HR reports as required by internal management and external stakeholders.
- Provide support in the process of separation/termination as per the policy & guidelines and make sure all formalities and related documents are completed before exit of departing staff.
- Perform any other HR related tasks assigned by supervisor or designated person.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university in Business Administration or any other related field.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience in Human Resources with reputable organization.
- A good computer skill, MS Office programs, MS Access is preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and orientation skills.
- Tactful, well disciplined, punctual and smart worker.
Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than December 22, 2019. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention – HR Assistant + last name.
Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.