- Gender Male, Female
About FINCA Afghanistan:
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world’s leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 23 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA) FINCA Afghanistan has over 350 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) heads the Human Resources Department and is responsible for oversight of all human resources systems and procedures, including recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management (evaluations), conflict resolution, and compensation/rewards management and ensuring compliance with governing regulations. The HRM is responsible for the development and implementation HR policies and procedures.
In coordination with the management team, in the service of ensuring that the organization meets its goals, develop and implement strategies and systems to ensure that the right human resources are in place at the right time and are working to maximum effectiveness and motivation. The HRM advises the Country Director and management team on the most professional and appropriate human resource instruments and strategies. At the invitation of the Management Board, the HRM participates actively in management meetings. The priorities of the HRM are set and carried out under the direction of the Country Director.
Provinces to travel:
· Experience managing staff required.
· Specific experience in developing a human resources function based on performance management highly desirable.
· Experience in recruiting in a competitive labor market
· Experience in coordinating training, delivery of training a plus.
· Experience in administering compensation and benefits
· Strong knowledge of local labor law and employment practices.
· Ability to develop systems and policies.
· Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Team-player with excellent communication skills.
· Computer literacy. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
· Written and spoken fluency in English and local language
· 20% travel within Afghanistan required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Design and Implementation of Human Resource Systems, Policies and Procedures – (20%)
· Develop HR policies, systems, and procedures, including regular reviews and updates of the Personnel Manual.
· On ongoing basis, oversee all HR systems, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with organizational objectives, and with other systems, policies, and procedures, as well as to ensure compliance by all staff members.
· Communicate human resource policies and procedures to all staff, and guide/facilitate the implementation of new/revised systems through continuous interaction with line managers and other staff members.
· In collaboration with the senior management team, establish and oversee processes that prevent internal conflicts among staff members and departments, and that facilitate resolution of conflicts when they occur.
· Make ongoing recommendations to the senior management team for strengthening organizational learning, knowledge management, and change management in support of strategic objectives.
Staffing & Recruitment – (25%)
· Review and advise senior management on annual staffing plans as part of annual operating planning process to ensure alignment with outreach performance goals, branch expansion plans, institutional development/transformation requirements, and other needs.
· In collaboration with line managers, develop and update annual staffing/recruitment plans
· Design and implement recruiting, selection and orientation procedures.
· Manage the company-wide recruitment and hiring processes, including both internal and external recruitment processes, in accordance with established policies, and ensure that recruitment processes are completed in a timely manner.
· Establish partnerships with local recruitment agencies, universities, and other institutions as applicable to source future employees.
· Participate on FINCA’s behalf at career fairs and other events, as applicable.
· Design and oversee the FINCA internship program to develop new talent.
Performance Management – 20%
· Implement and manage the performance evaluation system to ensure that all employees receive a timely evaluation according to FINCA Afghanistan policy.
· Track when performance evaluations are due, notify managers and provide them with the necessary documents to complete the evaluation. Review completed evaluations to ensure that policy was followed and that all documentation is complete. Route all evaluations to the Country Director for review.
· Advise line managers on best practices in application of the Performance Management System, particularly the aspect of employee appraisal and performance feedback.
· In collaboration with senior management, introduce new tools, as applicable, to improve performance feedback for employees and managers.
· Using the performance appraisal outcomes, collaborate with Managers to identify employee training and career development opportunities and coaching / mentoring needs.
· Review the outputs of the employee appraisal process, identifying key issues and trends, and prepare consolidated reports for senior management.
Compensation Administration / Rewards Management -15%
· Maintain and update on an ongoing basis the company salary matrix in consultation with company management team.
· Research and ensure that salaries are competitive for all positions.
· Oversee employee benefits administration, ensuring that providers deliver quality services to employees.
· Ensure that systems are in place to collect feedback on employee benefits and to answer questions from employees on the benefits program.
· Design benefit programs that comply with local labor law, are competitive and meet employee needs.
· Work with Senior Management in designing and implementing competitive incentive programs for key positions.
· Work with management in preparing salary increases in accordance to the Budget.
Records Management – 5%
· Ensure proper maintenance and updating of all company personnel files at all offices.
· Ensure complete confidentiality of employee files.
· Manage and maintain the personnel database system (HRIS) including the input of changes in position or salary and training.
· Provide reports to management as needed.
Employee Relations – 5%
· Ensure accurate and timely institutional responses to all employment related enquiries, including employment applications, reference checks, and confirmations of employment, or others, in accordance with local legislation and established policies and procedures.
· Assist staff with personnel issues or problems as required.
· Provide support as needed to resolve issues related with employee disciplinary issues, employee termination, or other HR-related issues.
· Design and Implement appropriate employee recognition (Eg. tenure related) programs.
· Develop and communicate employee safety and security procedures
Orientation, Training & Development – 15%
· Ensure proper training of Managers & Staff on all human resource policies and processes.
· Ensure proper orientation training is provided to all new staff members to maximize efficient integration.
· In collaboration with senior management, based on training needs assessments, create and execute annual training plans to support the needs of the institution.
· Identify training providers, including both internal and external sources.
· Ensure training plans and training delivery meet company standards.
· Assist in developing training content and materials.
· Assist management team in delivering training. Coordinate and work with any external company trainers, manage all logistics of training.
· Develop mechanisms within the Performance Management System for measuring effectiveness of the different training initiatives. Report results to senior management, making recommendations for continuous improvement of the training program.
Department Planning & Development – 10%
· Develop human resources strategic plan that matches the operational and financial projections and that anticipates staff qualifications and needs required for transformation to a regulated financial institution.
· Hire, train and manage all Human Resources Department staff.
· Develop the FINCA Afghanistan Human Resources Department as a service provider to other departments and units.
· Bachelor Degree (Master Degree Preferred) in General Business, Management, Economics, Human Resources or Personnel Management.
· At least 5 years employment experience in a human resources-related role, preferably with a large international company or organization in the financial sector.
Submission Guidelines: All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV along with application letter also please mention the position title and Vacancy number clearly in the subject line of your email (FA-KBL-HQ-241 HR Manager), otherwise your CV will not be considered for mentioned position.