- Contract Duration 1 year
- Gender Male, Female
About USAID Promote: Women in Government:
The purpose of the USAID Promote: Women in Government Project is to increase and advance the number of women in the Afghan Civil Service, thereby promoting a more inclusive government that is responsive to the needs of the entire Afghan population, thus fostering a more democratic and stable state. The Project will establish an internship program for educated young women to gain entry into the Afghan Civil Service and will make the operating environment safer for young women to work by tackling sexual harassment, policy gaps, and work environment issues for female employees.
Performs Human Resources related duties and provides efficient and effective administrative support to the HR department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare interview package for the interview panel, questionnaire/candidate evaluation sheet, copy of SOW for the interviewing position, candidates’ CV, interview time table
- Conduct security checks and obtain references.
- Keep original and electronic records of candidate interviews and provide status reports to HR Manager
- Responsible for maintaining project HR files in electronic and had copy format according to the project checklist and in line with Chemonics and USAID requirements.
- Ensure all personnel files are scanned and appropriately saved in the personnel files on the project’s share drive.
- Ensure all forms required for personnel files are filled out properly and maintained according to the project file management checklist
- Perform routine clerical duties including the processing of mail, filing, photocopying, data entry
- Maintain and update records of all types of leave (annual, sick, LWOP, urgent and maternities) for national staff;
- Monitor and track daily staff attendance
- Collect employee timesheets and make sure the required supporting documents are attached, Maintain timesheets in both hard copy and electronic format in the HR files.
- Ensure that monthly timesheets are proper completed and approved before submission to Finance Department;
- Collect additional documentation for current and former employee personnel files as directed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the HR Manager or his/he designee.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with national and international donor funded programs preferred
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff of multiple nationalities, implementing and cooperating partners, and relevant government agencies.
- Ability to work independently, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment.
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, procedures, reporting and Afghan Government Policies/Labor Law
- Ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent typing speed in English and/or Dari
- Computer spreadsheet/word processing skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- On very rare occasions, travel to project satellite offices may be required.
Interested /qualified candidates are requested to submit their resumes and cover letters, with the vacancy number and title is must (Women in Government -VA-188 HR Assistant) on the subject line electronically to email@example.com.