- Vacancy NumberCTG-UNHAB-G 16/09/2020
- Salary OfferAs per Org salary scale
- Total Years Experience3 years of relevant experience in general office
- EducationHigh School Certificate
- Contract Duration3 months with possibility of extension
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
About CTG-UNHABITAT (AUSSP):
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat), is the UN agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable town and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. This post is located in the UN Habitat Regional Office for Asia and Pacific (ROAP) at the Kabul duty station.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, has been working within Afghanistan since 1992 with funding support of USAID, Japanese and Australian Governments, EU, DFID, CIDA, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), Kingdom of the Netherlands and several bilateral donors as well as the World Bank. During this period, its Programme expanded to include a wide range of human settlements initiatives, from small-scale neighbourhood level improvement schemes to community empowerment.
The Afghanistan Urban Safety and Security Program (AUSSP) is a three-year program that promotes safety and security by strengthening the delivery of urban safety services, improving local government responsiveness and accountability, and enhancing partnerships between government, communities and civil society. The most vulnerable and marginalized groups including women, youth, IDPs/ returnees will be empowered as a key actor of participatory governance and societies.
AUSSP targets eight of Afghanistan’s most strategic cities: Kabul, Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad, Kunduz, Farah, Nili and Bamyan. It is implemented under the leadership of the Ministry of Urban Development and Housing, the Independent Directorate of Local Governance/ Deputy Ministry of Municipalities, Ministry of Interior Affairs, Ministry of Women’s Affairs and Kabul Municipality, with technical support from UN-Habitat. The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and the Kingdom of the Netherlands fund the program.
Under the direct supervision of Operation Assistant/Team Leader, the incumbent of the post will perform the following duties:
- Meet and monitor all visitors to the project office, to determine whether they should be granted admission to the premises.
- Contact the appropriate technical or administrative staff regarding written or verbal requests for UN-HABITAT assistance.
- On night shift, to ensure that the office premises, equipment and vehicles are secured.
- Inform and maintain close contact at all times with the Security Officer concerning the security of the project office and the presence of the visitors on the premises.
- Receive and deliver mail, parcels, pouches and other materials for the office.
- Assist in the overall maintenance and cleanliness of the office premises.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- High School certificate is required
- At least three years of relevant experience in general office support or related area is desirable.
- Dari & Pashto language is required
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and signed CV+cover letter
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab
Vacancy Reference NO. in website: VAC-3774
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.if you have any issue registering yourself, please contact from 8:00 AM up to 4:00 PM: +0093728220482
Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification