- Contract Duration 1 Year Contract (Extendable)
- Gender Male, Female
About Citizen Charter/MRRD:
The Citizens’ Charter is a National Priority Program (NPP) of the National Unity Government (NUG) that was officially launched on September 25, 2016. The Citizens’ Charter is an inter-ministerial, multi-sectorial NPP, where Ministries have collaborated to provide basic services to rural communities. The key service delivery ministries involved are: Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD), Independent Directorate of Local Governance (IDLG), Ministry of Education (MoE), Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), with oversight by Ministry of Finance (MoF). MRRD has a key role and will be responsible for infrastructural development and strengthening CDCs and Cluster CDCs. The Community Development Councils (CDCs) will be linked to sub-national government to improve communication and coordination from the community to the district, provincial and national levels – increasing Government visibility and accountability. The Citizens’ Charter is an important foundation for the Government’s reform agenda, contributing to a number of priority areas including: Ensuring Citizens’ Development Rights; Building Better Governance; Reforming Development Planning & Management and Developing Partnerships. The Citizens’ Charter intends to improve service delivery by ensuring minimum service standards, provide greater responsiveness by the Government to the people and increase the level of public satisfaction with services. The Charter commits to deliver the following core services across the country over a 10 year period: • Basic health services • Basic education access • Safe drinking water and sanitation • Improved farming technologies and the delivery of extension services • Rural connectivity with tertiary roads • Rural renewable energy
About EQRA Project:
EQRA aims to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly for girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.’ The project introduces a shift from monitoring only enrolment of students (which also include permanently absent students) to focusing on bringing children into school and their attendance. EQRA will: (a) focus on the 17 most lagging provinces in terms of girls’ attendance in schools; (b) direct the system toward tracking and rewarding retention of students, especially girls, by tracking attendance of students as opposed to enrolment (the difference between actual attendance and enrolment is estimated between 30 percent and 35 percent); and (c) focus on strengthening the governance of general education to improve the service delivery transparently and strengthen accountability, an area which was not supported systematically under the previous operations.
MRRD, in coordination with MoE and MoF, is responsible for the overall school construction. Implementation takes place through CDC/CCDC, using community procurement. Funds for school construction are transferred from MoF directly to CDC/CCDC accounts as grants, after MRRD assessment and disbursement request. In areas where CCDCs exist, and where the CCDC boundary is relatively aligned to the school catchment areas, implementation will take place through CCDCs. In areas where implementation cannot take place through CCDCs, implementation will follow Joint Projects as per the CCAP manual, implemented by CDCs within the catchment area of the relevant school.
- Prepare and implement the long, medium and short term work plans
- Prepare the required forms for the technical parts of grievance handling division
- To make sure all the related incoming complains and grievance are categorized, analyzed and registered in the database in timely manner
- To ensure that the received complaints are resolved and feedback to the complainant in a timely manner
- To ensure all the related activities of the Grievance Redress Mechanism is undertaken
- To ensure close coordination in place with other related entities
- Submit monthly, quarterly and annual report to the head of grievance handling division
- Manage all work outputs required in a timely and effective manner
- Participate in a weekly staff meeting
- Field visit as required
- Bachelor’s degree ( Must be certified by the Ministry of High Education) in Civil engineering or Social Sciences, Rural Development and/or related fields is required. (Post Graduate in the same field is highly preferred).
- 4 years of experience in the related field
- Computer Skills: Strong skills of data entry, & MS Office package.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Dari/Pashto is essential
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with all related stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Please send your up-to-date CV with covering letter telling us why you are applying and how you met the required competencies before the closing date, Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number e.g. Grievance Handling Officer (EQRA) 288/HRMD/CCNPP/MRRDto:email@example.com
- Important Note: any/all application without the mentioned subject line will not be considered.
- The MRRD/CCNPP strongly encourages women candidates to apply.
- It applies a pro-active and positive discrimination policy towards women candidates as follows, Important Note: any/all application without the mentioned subject line will not be considered.
- The MRRD/CCNPP strongly encourages woman candidates to apply. It applies a pro-active and positive discrimination policy towards woman candidates as follows:
- Women candidates with slightly lower than the stated required educational qualifications will also be considered.
- If offered this position, the woman position holder will be allowed an adult male or female relative as a Mahram for official travel, if/when required.