- Vacancy Number OXFAM
- Salary Offer As Per Oxfam Salary Scale
- Total Years Experience Minimum of 3 years working experience
- Education Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Contract Duration Fixed term
- No. Of Jobs: 1
- Gender Male, Female
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Purpose of the function:
To be responsible for ensuring that analysis of how men and women relate to each other in the communities and issues arising due to such unequal relationship inform all aspects of the programme and to ensure optimal participation of women in a manner that their specific needs and concerns are addressed in programme designing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
Main tasks of the function:
- To work with the team and all stakeholders to ensure that gender is considered in all aspects of programming.
- Develop a shared gender analysis of local context with the partners and outside key players.
- To ensure that strategies to be used and the tools necessary to implement gender is made available and disseminated to all stakeholders.
- Carry out desk studies and analysis of issues pertaining to gender situation in Afghanistan and the partners working in the area to inform appropriate planning and analysis and communication of the wider context.
- Implementing the gender component of the programme in a way to be in line of culture and values of the community.
- Act as focal point for all Oxfam Humanitarian program in the country during the absence of Humanitarian program Manager.
- Support the project implementation and coordination with the partners’ organization whenever required.
- Keeping updated all the project related records, database and files, and first review of the partners’ project reports.
- Regular communication with partners’ organization for keeping the project implementation on track and according to plan.
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian/emergency response programs.
- Communication with internal staff & partners to ensure gender mainstreamed in all component of the programme.
- Provide professional advice to the Oxfam and partner staff in gender sensitivity of the local context.
- To build the capacity of Oxfam partners in understanding the gender concept, equity and equality and how to apply in practice.
- To contribute in designing of the gender activities in the programme based on contextual knowledge and needs of the target men and women including studies, assessments, and researches.
- To plan field visit and monitor project activities and participation of women in design and implementation of the project.
- Developing best practice case studies, providing good pictures and clips from female target beneficiaries.
- To be proactive in providing information and assistance during emergencies.
- Attending relevant meetings where relevant for the purpose of networking and alliance building with external NGOs at the national level and sharing of information and outcome of the meetings with humanitarian team of Oxfam and its partners.
- With Oxfam’s HPM, EFSL officer, WASH officer, HPA and other stakeholders.
- With Oxfam, staff in country, on Oxfam’s humanitarian/emergency responses programs.
- With local partners on the humanitarian situation and on the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values (click here) as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights (click here).
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience on gender mainstreaming in Humanitarian programming.
- Understanding of gender concept in development and relief programming.
- Understanding of project management and budget follow up.
- Knowledge of research, studies and analyses based on cultural and social context of the communities.
- Knowledge in gender equity, gender equality and perspective.
- Takes responsibility for own work and delegated project/processes (including some leadership).
- Be able to work in isolated areas with low facilities.
- Fluent written and spoken Dari/Pashto and good English.
- Effective member of team and role model; demonstrates creativity in seeking better ways to do things and shares with team, and promotes high standards.
- Anticipates problems and regularly provides solutions.
- Ability to communicate and advocate on gender related issues.
- Skill in analysis and report writing.
- Computer skill specially on Ms Word, Ms. Excel and PowerPoint and internet.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
To apply for this position copy the the given link below and past on the Browser and then click on “Apply” button. and follow the given directions.