- Vacancy Number C_PMO 025 Gender Manager
- Salary Offer NTA Grade C
- Education social science or relevant discipline
- Contract Duration One year (Extendable)
- No. Of Jobs: 1
- Gender Male, Female
The National Water Affair Regulation Authority (NWARA), Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received four grants under the Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) sector portfolio of ADB. (NWARA has established a Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize and streamline the activities under these grants. The CPMO handles procurement, project administration, contract management etc. for the projects financed under the Grants. The Gender Manager will support CPMO in ensuring that project interventions will be done in a manner whereby the neutral role of the project cannot be questioned. The Gender Manager will report to CPMO Director. S/he will be stationed in the CPMO in Kabul with possible trips to the project sites as required.
The Gender Manager will hold primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with ADB’s gender policy and procedure.
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of ADB’s gender policies during project preparation and implementation.
Specific tasks to be undertaken by the Gender Manager include, but shall not be limited to:
- Provide other sections of CPMO necessary advice to ensure that selected project elements are gender inclusive.
- Promote involvement of women membership in WUAs/IAs and provide specific training for men where appropriate to raise awareness on the importance of gender involvement in WUAs/IAs.
- Coordinate with relevant sections of CPMO for construction of domestic (and livestock) water access points along canals.
- Ensure inclusion of women in training demonstrations given to farms on improved on-farm water management and agronomic techniques, and specific training for women on household plot vegetable and fruit growing.
- Prepare a gender mainstreaming guideline for the CPMO/NWARA and operationalize it with community’s project stakeholders/institutions and project staff.
- Monitor and report on gender specific quantitative and qualitative indicators in terms of project operations and performance.
- Support the development of systematic measures for assessing the impacts of ADB funded projects gender equality and mainstreaming work.
- Serve as gender focal point for CPMO/ NWARA in various occasions and promote appropriate representation and consultation target groups in planning and strategy process.
- Prepare gender-sensitive awareness-raising material in Dari and Pashto on the need to integrate various interventions of the project.
- Conduct site visits to ensure implementation of women meaningful participation and project activities at the local level and to provide project team/partners with advice as necessary.
- Compilation, analysis and interpretation of gender issues and statistical data, thorough research and preparation of reports.
- Representation of CPMO/NWARA in different working groups and interagency working groups.
- Assessment of the Program gender policies and their impact on poverty reduction, growth, equity, etc.
- Develop gender capacity building plan.
- Prepare a component- wise annual plan and budget for gender related activities and integrate these in the overall annual plan of the project.
- Training and capacity building support for CPMO/ NWARA staff on gender issues.
- Facilitate female presence and inclusiveness into decision making process, consultation.
- Act as focal point for gender related issues during implementation of the project.,
- Act as focal point for complaints related to sexual, and emotional harassments of women in the project.
- Other duties as indicated by the CPMO director.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or relevant discipline with 5 years’ experience in related field.
- Prior experience in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of gender aspects in projects will be an asset.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of English language (read, write and speak).
- Good command on national languages (Dari/Pashto).
- Skilled in the use of general office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
This position reports to the CPMO Sr. Safeguard Manager and prepares all safeguard related reports and assists the director in the preparation of periodic progress reports.
The interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the following email address email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25-05-2020. Please indicate the position title and reference no. in the e-mail subject line. Priority will be given to Female candidate.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.