- Vacancy NumberMCA063-2020
- Salary OfferAs per MCA Salary Scale
- Total Years ExperienceTwo year of experience
- EducationA bachelor’s degree in BBA or in Accounting is required
- Contract DurationOne year
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
About Mercy Corps:
Mercy Corps helps people turn the crises they confront into the opportunities they deserve. Driven by local needs, our programs provide communities in the world’s toughest places with the tools and support they need to transform their own lives. Our worldwide team in more than 40 countries is improving the lives of 28 million people. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.mercycorps.org.
Mercy Corps has been working in Afghanistan continuously since 1986 with a large portfolio of programs addressing the promotion of sustainable licit livelihoods, agriculture development, youth vocational and natural resource management; it has helped more than 2.5 million Afghans through these wide-range of community–based agriculture and economic development programs. It is to mention that currently Mercy Corps is working in Kabul, Kandahar, Helmand, Takhar, Badakhshan, Parwan, Baghlan, Urozgan, Nangarhar, Samangan, Balkh and Herat.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Finance Officer is required to review the invoices and claims and make sure that all the invoices and claims are supported with proper documents.
Prepare vouchers for all claims and record all the vouchers in the journals after payment. The finance officer is also required to file all the documents in files and label them properly. Maintain journals for Bank and Cash batches.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for all accounting and financial management of the MC Balkh office.
- Accounting Management – ensuring financial data is properly recorded on timely basis
- Review all MC Balkh office invoices and vouchers and make sure that all invoices are supported by proper and required documents
- Establish and maintain proper filing and documentation system according to MC policies and procedures
- Prepare vouchers for all invoices and payment documents.
- Write checks for the bank transactions and maintain journals for all bank accounts
- Prepare bank reconciliations for MC Balkh office bank account
- File all the vouchers in files and label them as per MC labelling and filing system
- Prepare monthly ledger and closing documents
- Ensure that all financial data is recorded accurately as budgeted
- Performing daily cash counts
- Routine reconciliation of cash advances – ensure all cash advances are cleared at the end of every month
- Assist in audits and locate the marked vouchers for the auditors
- Coordinate closely with Finance Department in Kabul
- Ensure that the Finance Department is run in a professional, transparent and responsible manner
- Provide verbal and written translation support for documents, contracts, meeting, statements, records, etc. as requested
- Prepare comprehensive, accurate and timely monthly reports.
- Develop annual and monthly plans and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of the organization according to the MC Finance Manual
- Coordinate with Program Manager/Deputy Program Manager and HR Officer to ensure accuracy of coding, salaries and payments
- Review, verify and confirm all financial data entered
- Monitor and control expenses to ensure all are according to the proper fund codes as assigned by MC Regional Finance in country office
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in BBA or in Accounting is required
- Two year of experience
- Must have demonstrated understanding of procurement ethics and good managerial skills with a diverse team and large flow of information and activities;
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize the tasks,
- Must be initiative, and have experience in an NGO setting;
- A strong understanding of donor compliance and budgets is required
- He/ She should have report writing, and ability to make recommendations for the improvement
- Strong computer skills in MS Office package, filing, and organizational skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English is required.
While sending your CV & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration. Please include three references from you previous and current supervisors in your CV and make sure that their official email addresses are mentioned in the reference information.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates should send their Application To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Females are highly encouraged to apply