- Vacancy Number014/2020/SEDEP
- Salary Offer150 Euro
- Total Years Experience2-3 years of experiences
- EducationBaccalaureate /Bachelor
- Contract Duration4 months (extendable)
- No. Of Jobs:۱
The Afghan National Association For Adult Education (ANAFAE), founded in September 2005, with the support of DVV International works to foster the development of local Adult and Community Learning Centres, promotes education strategies and programs for disadvantages groups, young adults, with a particular focus on literacy, basic education, education for employability and lifelong learning.
Women in Afghanistan experienced tremendous burden throughout the last decades of conflicts. Their education is traditionally neglected. In many rural areas only about eight percent of the women are literate.
In the literacy programmes of ANAFAE and its partner DVV International, female participants learn reading, writing and numeracy, reflect on their role in the family and community, deal with health and hygiene topics and develop ideas for their own economic activities. These literacy programs have a direct and positive effect on personal development, on family health and on school attendance of children, they empower women who suffered most or support the reintegration of returnees and IDPs.
First Lady Bibi Gul awarded the national UNESCO Literacy Prize to ANAFAE in 2016 for its innovative engagement.
The Fashion/Dress Designer should be able to:
- Manage, help and advise tailoring trainers in designing fashionable dresses and clothing fashions.
- Achieve and accomplish project indicators and milestones within SEDEP project and ANAFAE Strategic Goal.
- Carry out activities and tasks based on ANAFAE policies, procedure and implement given duties in neat, well-organized and well-presented manner.
- Hold confidentiality at work.
- Design and provide a detailed Ation Plan for duties under her responsibilities.
Duties and tasks but are not limited to that:
The Fashion/Dress Designer is highly required to:
- Develop training materials such as latest dress designs and new clothing fashions for tailoring trainers.
- Conduct tailoring-related capacity-building trainings for tailoring trainers.
- Improve the quality of learning and training process, and learning/training materials in each tailoring training.
- Be familiar with modern methodology of training tailoring services.
- Gather information about the recent clothing fashions and dress designs available in market and inform the tailoring trainers about them.
- Monitor and evaluate the lesson plan, teaching outlines, teaching guidelines, teaching aids and tests of tailoring courses.
- Monitor and evaluate the tailoring trainers ‘trainings methodology and their trainees.
- Should be able to share her personal tailoring experiences and constructive feedback with the tailoring trainers
- Attend the weekly and monthly meetings held by project officials.
- Prepare and submitting a biweekly/monthly report to the project officer.
- Build a close coordination among educational centers, trainees, and project officer.
- Maintain the attendance sheets.
- Provide the training related-documents and source of verifications.
- Carry out some other tasks assigned by the project officers.
- Minimum being Baccalaureate or Bachelor
- At least 2 or 3 years of work experiences in tailoring training in a reputable NGO
- Should have about 5-10 years of tailoring experiences
- Should be aware of updated and latest dress designs, modes and styles and clothing fashions
- Should have high self-motivation
- Should have good interpersonal skills and team working abilities
- Should have honesty, trust and integrity in her work
- Should be able to conduct a brainstorming session to come up with visions for starting out new tailoring businesses in the community
- Should produce proper, neat and well-presented work
- Should be able to know motivational techniques and skills for mobilizing the tailoring trainers to train the trainees better.
Interested candidates should send a covering letter, resume electronically to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org Educational and Experience documents are not to be sent through email, the Educational and Experience documents will be asked by the HR Department of ANAFAE during the selection process.
The subject line of your email must be 014/2020/SEDEP otherwise your application may not be considered.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The applications after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test